587,948 active members*
4,640 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

versa laser, laser engraving

hello it has been a while since i have logged into this site
    I am looking into a new venture. i am interested in laser engraving, cutting and marking
    I want to be able to cut and or mark
    a variety of metals and other materials. I currently run a small cnc mill *(see Cadmania.com) and rhino based software. i am fairly proficient with my mill and software. I would like to be able to use my ability to cut and or mark wood,leather, plastic, silver, gold, steel, flooring tile, gems and even diamonds or anything else that might come up. I am looking at universal systems versalaser VLS$.60 60W. if any one out their has anything that can help me with my decision. Pros /cons, learning curve, better systems,, their experience with this system or others it would help me. $ a factor. Thank You
    Ira

Vesra laser

I have owned a VLS2.30 for about a year and a half. No problems, whatsoever. To run it, you will want a copy of corel draw. I find that software hard to use (I am a Rhino maniac!), but a necessary evil. On more complicated drawings, I export as DXF, open in corel draw, and make small adjustments.

You can print directly from Rhino, but in the engraving world, Corel excells when it comes to text (creating, alignment, and changing fonts after the fact).

Good luck with your decision, I would buy the same system again in a heartbeat. I would, however, get the rotary fixture right up front. Many people want me to engrave wine glasses for them.

The learning curve is pretty simple. Red lines = cut, Blue lines = vector engrave, any other colors = raster. Once you have a template set up in corel, locating engraving stock onto your laser is a no brainer.

versa lazer helppp

we have a versa laser vls2,30
    we setuped and working
    but it is error
    (top door open )
    could you help us

It's very easy - check magnet locks on top door, after please check wires from this magnets.

I would like to say hi to everybody

I am very experience in 3d designer (Rhinoceros) roland machine and laser
    and engravers from Roland dga.

I have a problem with my VLS200 keypad

My machine only works from the control panel in the computer.
    I changed the keypad but still not working.
    When i pressed the power key the machine table goes down and no key works.
    Does anyone can help me.

Check "switch-off" responsible for upper limit for table movement. Looks like it is broken and laser always think that necessary move table down

thank you for the help

I have just to change the switch-off of the upper limit.
    When I prees the power key the machine not works but when I press it in the computer control panel it works but when i press any key the key pad of the machine it starts go down.
    I you sure of that.
    Best regards
    Felipe

1) Did you have grounding? If YES, did you check grounding for real work?
    2) How long this laser is in use?
    3) May be you worked in past on materials which contain PVC?
    99% reason of problem is lack of contact OR opposite unwilling contact. In this case I am taking multimeter and check all connections

BUT 1% is
    I am not very familiar with ULS but
    4) Did you have built-in check?
    5) Could you do firmware upgrade?

about my vls200

I bought this machine last year.
    I just cut pvc(test) one time because I did not know that when you burn PVC creates hydrochloric gas.
    But i did not grounded the machine bu i will ground it.
    Best regards
    Felipe

about the versalaser 200 rotary

does anyone can teach me how to prepare the drive to print with rotary.
    I have a doubt about the material thickness i have to write and i wrote the diameter of the piece to be engraver and the nachine loose the rigth focus of the material.

Hello, I try a free software "open sourece software" to laser engrever" Chinese equivalent to the laser newlydraw, goldenlaser, lasercut, someone can tell me where to find, thanks.

Emanuel sobre o software

Tente encontrar no emulador(emulator) lá rem diversos softs.
    Um abraço ao conterraneo.

Versalaser 2.30 vector cutting red hairline like a fill

I have bobcad 3d as my cad program. In the attibutes I have the part to be cut in red for vector cutting. The line width is set at .001
    When I load the DXF file into Corel Draw 12 one of the lines is wider than the others. I have checked the attributes in Bobcad and it is set correctly. In corel draw I have the red lines set for hairline. How come the machine is cutting the one line like a fill? Is there a setting in correct draw that I can chnage?

Dmauch,

Are you using the standard print driver, or the advanced? In the advanced driver, you can set any color to perform raster or vector, as well as make all colors raster.

Is it "printing" in color, or b&w (in the ULS software, is your cut file still colored?)

Not sure about Bobcad, but in Rhino you have the option, when printing, to print vector or raster. For cutting, you need to print vectors.

One other possibility is that you are not using pure red for those lines. (R=255 G=0 B=0). You have to use RGB, rather than a CMYK color palate.

Are all of these items in order?

Hope you find your solution,

Rob

I have a versalaer 2.30 and it is refusing to turn on, I think the room in which we connected it to has unstable electricity since we first connected a computer and it didnt turn on there, after that, we took it to another room, were, after a while it did turn on. We took the versalaser to the other room and it does not turn on, if you connect the usb cable to the p, the pc does recognize the machine, but it does not turn on, and I am not seeing the on option on the pc software to try and turn it on from there. What can I do?

Of course best way is ask professional electrician check everything before laser and PC. Very often problem is in electric plug, cable, socket and etc. I am not sure about Versalaser, but on GCC there is fuses - so check them if you have.

Versalaser 2.30 wont turn on

I am still having the same problem, it wont turn on, what can I do?

What you did after your first post? Did you check cables, socket, fuses? Is everything OK?

I transfered the machine to a room where everything electrical is ok, and it still does not turn on. I dont know where the fuses for the versalaser 2.30 are. Help

Page 1 of 2 12