587,776 active members*
2,547 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > What happened 3D construction plane?

What happened 3D construction plane?

I have been working with Mastercam since Ver4.11. I just installed X2 having resisted leaving V9 for too long. I went to draw my first 3D wireframe part and discovered that the 3D construction plane is gone. I am a bit embarrased to ask what seems to be such a simple question, but how do I draw lines between endpoints in a 3D wireframe if there is no 3D construction plane?

I may be wrong, but on first impression it seems that X2 requires a lot more clicks to do simple tasks than V9. Please tell me I am wrong and it will get better.

This is my first post on this forum. It is great to see so many people helping each other.

That 3D plane locate on the bottom MC windows
    Click on that 3D button and see how it work

Gary, so you know you are in 3d by default. if you look at the status bare on the bottom below.
    Now you can just click away in 3d space. the way the drawing works now I barly ever have to put that for 2d.
    3D now handles true plane changes in 3D.
    See picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3dbut.jpg  
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Thanks

Thanks Guys,

I finally found it in the manual about the same time the replys started rolling in. Sometimes the most obvious is the hardest to see.

Gary

cadcam,

I visited your website and I see on the forum that you put a lot of effort into helping others. People like you make this industry a better place.

Gary

Thank you Gary. that was more then nice to say.
    Hope you have a great week.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .