587,189 active members*
2,512 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Artcam 2008

Page 1 of 5 123

Red face Artcam 2008

Hello.

I`m Norwegian, so my english isn`t so good, but i try my best!

I use artcam 2008, and i try to make toolpath to a spider, but i get 3 errors.
    When i group the vectors, i got the same error again, it didn`t help...

Can someone help me a little bit...

Greetings from Robert.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Uten navn.jpg   Uten navn1.jpg   Uten navn2.jpg  
    My second homebuilt cnc machine cnczone.com/forums/norwegian_club_house/123977-ombygget_cnc_-_gecko_540_a.html

Looks like you need to carefully go over the vectors and clean them up. It's telling you that some are open, and some are overlapping. When you fix them, you shouldn't get any errors.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanx for the answer Ger21.

But all the vector is made in AutoCAD with polyline, and exploded after i`m finish.

I try to open DWG with polylines, but i got the same error.

Robert.
    My second homebuilt cnc machine cnczone.com/forums/norwegian_club_house/123977-ombygget_cnc_-_gecko_540_a.html

Vegabond,

Check the vectors with the vector doctor utility built into Artcam.

Jeff...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails U.jpg  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Hello.

I try that now, and clear the point`s, but i got the error again.

Here is a picture.

Edit, i mark all vector ( ctrl + A) and then go in to doctor.

Robert.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Uten navn3.jpg  

Hello again.

I need help to add some bridges to my drawing. I only find "bridges" in the "profile options"

Some tip?

Robert.

Robert,

The only automated way to add bridges is in the profile options.

If your work is similar you can design a relief that you would merge into your model or just manually add raised shapes "sections that you cut out after machining" that will hold your work.

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

I have not using artcam so much, just to 2d things. Do someone now video tutorials with "voice"

And i can`t make an relief....

Robert.

Hello again.

I have a problem again.. When i try to carve (V-Bit carving) i can`t run on centerline. When i generate toolpath, it came many lines in each letter.
    How do i just use the senterline? sometimes i make it, and sometimes not....

Some tip?

Robert.

Robert,

You need to use a single line font.

Jeff...

Thanx Jeff..

But what did you mean? how do i do that?

Thanx again.

Robert.

Robert,

See the attached picture for more information.

Jeff...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Single.JPG  

Maby it is the size of the letter`s?

When i use big letters (25mm), i cant carve with only one line, but is the letter`s smaller (10mm), i can.

Im a little confused.... :P

Thanx for the help.

Robert.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Test #01.jpg   Test #02.jpg   Test #03.jpg   Test #04.jpg  

Test #05.jpg  

What do you mean by "you cant carve" ?

Please provide more details.

Ok, sorry, i mean i can`t carve with only the senterline, it came many lines. And the cnc is using much more time to carve many lines in one letter.

I figured out that when i try to make smaller letter`s, it came just a senter line, but when i write bigger letter`s, it came many lines...

Understand?

Thanx. Robert.

If Artcam needs to make multiple passes to cut out a font it is not a true single line font.

If the cutter width is not as wide as the toolpath it needs to make multiple passes.

You need to use a single line font or a larger diameter cutter if you want to save time.

Yeah, i see that now...

Can i just carve the outside of the letter`s ? do i have to use the 2d profiling then ?

Robert.

Thanx, i have been to their side, but i haven`t seen theese video.

Many thanx, i came back with more questions

Nice to have forum....

Robert.

Page 1 of 5 123