587,748 active members*
3,152 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > KBLC-19PM Control Board Help! UPDATE

KBLC-19PM Control Board Help! UPDATE

Does anyone in the group have experience with swapping out the standard controller in a newer X2 mini-mill for a KBLC-19PM(MOD)?

I'm using documentation from Sonny Harrisson's site which can be found here: http://www.harrisson.biz/controller/power.htm I'm using the same controllers (tried two so far).

The controller outputs 105VDC no matter where the variable speed control is positioned (5k pot). I've checked wiring per Sonny's documentation and found no issues. The 5k pot is running from 0 to 4.2k ohms and is correctly connected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

After checking the terminal board conections (I removed the board so I could use a remote 5k pot) I found the it's outputting to A+ & A- instead of F+ & F-. Now I just need to get RI & CL correctly adjusted.

Thanks,

Dan Kolean

That appears to be an obsolete OEM board.

You should consider using a PWM drive.

I just did the same thing with my X2, and followed Sonny's page too. Worked fine the first try.

I'm not an expert on DC drive by any means, but I am going thru this process right now with my X2 and have learned quite a bit about the topic.

I suspect the extra terminals are for the field windings since that's primarily the type of motor the SCR drives are designed for. The windings, I think, run at a lower voltage and that voltage does not vary. That's may be why you are getting no control.

He updated his post. He got it figured out:
    After checking the terminal board conections (I removed the board so I could use a remote 5k pot) I found the it's outputting to A+ & A- instead of F+ & F-. Now I just need to get RI & CL correctly adjusted

i got mine working by connecting the motor to A+ and A-, but i just got the cnc4pc c6 board, has anyone connection this controller to the c6 bard yet?