586,971 active members*
3,050 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Problems cutting pockets

Hybrid View

Re: Problems cutting pockets

How is it that commentors think that that their opinion counts on a VERY OLD post, that any software is constantly evolving, if it wants to maintain any foot in the market.

X2 is what... 20 years ago
    That is why people update, to be smarter, faster, etc. than those that want to use those older versions.
    I shudder when someone wants help with a V9 or X version.... it indicates they may be using a "pirate" copy, and they want a freebie that actually costs a lot of $$$ for a legit user. And they cannot obtain any help through a reseller.

Re: Problems cutting pockets

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    How is it that commentors think that that their opinion counts on a VERY OLD post, that any software is constantly evolving, if it wants to maintain any foot in the market.

X2 is what... 20 years ago
    That is why people update, to be smarter, faster, etc. than those that want to use those older versions.
    I shudder when someone wants help with a V9 or X version.... it indicates they may be using a "pirate" copy, and they want a freebie that actually costs a lot of $$$ for a legit user. And they cannot obtain any help through a reseller.
    Hey Superman my old friend you are correct it's old not 20 but note to far off. lol I have a customer that happens to be my old boss from the 90"s I am doing a project for. I remember I tried to get him years later to update when I worked for his reseller was not in the cards. so he is still using V9.1 but I think I am going to get them to buy new now. I got them in 2022 Demo.

And the Pirate thing is the case most of the time. but there are that still use the old legal seat they bought. But we keep updating the software. we release every year now with fixs and new versions with all new great tools.

Hope you are good my friend.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .