588,397 active members*
4,919 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Software for Fanuc 10tA

Does anyone have/can anyone recommend any software to enable me to get into, interrogate and programme my fanuc 10ta controller and associated PLC? Having some problems with some functions on it and would really like to get into it,
    thanks

parameter

Quote Originally Posted by fisherb View Post
    Does anyone have/can anyone recommend any software to enable me to get into, interrogate and programme my fanuc 10ta controller and associated PLC? Having some problems with some functions on it and would really like to get into it,
    thanks

You shoud post the model of your machine. I'll send you theNC parameter and the PC parameter of it.

That would be great, its a BSA churchill two series CNC lathe

Hi to get into the plc on Fanuc 10 you would need the programming unit!! What problems are you having?

Call BSA Machine Tools in Birmingham,get spares and ask them for the lists.They will have the original parameters for the machine as they own Churchill.

I've tried BSA a few times now and find them less than helpful. All they want to do is send an engineer or charge for bits I don't want! My problem is is that I cant get the C axis to lock so I can use my live head to mill. I know it works mechanically and even electronically from the plc forward. The problem is is that I cant get it to work by typing the G and M codes in that are in the manual.
    I dont know if this is because the C axis has to be datumed first?? Or if it has been disabled in the plc. I would appreciate it if someone could give me a short programme to type into my fanuc that would verify that I'm doing it right.
    As for the datuming I mention, when the machine is first turned on the Z,X and Y axis need to be datumed before use, is the same true of the C, and if so, how?

Possibly you have been unfortunate with your dealings with BSA.I have dealt with them for a lot of years and find them very helpful and forthcoming on offering advice.The guy you need to talk to is Andy in spares who handles Churchill and Herbert stuff.If you give him the m/c serial number he will be able to supply the original factory parameters,he also has all the original electrical drawings.They charge for these but it`s never very much.If you explain your problem to Andy he will get the electrical engineer to talk to you.This guy is extremely knowledgeable.He will also help your own tech if you don`t want to use theirs if needed.
    I have a few Churchill m/c`s but not a Ser 2.What I do know about them is you need to enter P numbers in the programme or as a sub routine to get the machine to run.When we got our first one and programmed it,it sat and looked at us until we discovered this.
    If you don`t want to go back to them you can give me a ring and I may be able to find out something for you.Numbers on my site at www.ems-fife.co.uk
    Another solution is to Google for the machine and call up some of the owners that you find.There are loads of them about.
    Mark.

On Edit:I would think that the C axis will need referenced,otherwise the control does not know where it is.