587,115 active members*
3,198 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

V2XT wont load program

Machine is up and running finally. Everything seems fine except when I send a file (load a program from the hard drive) it used to take just a few seconds but now it hangs with the prompt "loading to DNC" and thats it. Anyone had this problem? It will sit there all day doing that. Reloaded all the software with a brand new hard drive but made no difference.

How big is the program? If it exceeds the limit of the BMDC (about 256K) it will try to DNC but is faulting as you have not set up the DNC. Check the operating manual.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by machintek
    How big is the program? If it exceeds the limit of the BMDC (about 256K) it will try to DNC but is faulting as you have not set up the DNC. Check the operating manual.

George
    It was just a small test program to set up the machine. I did an F7 load and that worked. After that my normal way of loading works every time. Weird, but now it works fine. FMDC