588,515 active members*
5,185 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

can someone with experience please help

Hi,

I'm a long time reader first time poster here. I was wondering if there was anyone in the western suburbs of melbourne who has built a cnc machine and would allow me to meet with them, pick their brain and look at their machine?

I have gone over all relevant information and instructional videos and diy notes but im just one of those people who is a visual learner.

Im seriously considering building a machine, I am a qualified electrician and so the build itself doesnt bother me nor the computer side of things just need to talk to someone and hopefully discuss what my needs might be as an entry level builder.

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Chris

90 views and not one person in melbourne has a cnc to show, or information to share??

mmmm this might be tough....

long distance

Hi
    Im in brisbane not melbourne, but i am currently mid build on my second machine and i will offer what i can.
    Cheers
    millermatt

Matt thanks you so much for the offer, obviously i cant be there but would love to pick your brain if you dont mind over time just with the usual newbie questions.

I honestly thought i would have had a few replies back it seems so popular but other than sharing info on here, im finding it really hard.

Does anyone know of a group or association where diy'ers get together for this sort of stuff i would love to get involved?

In Melbourne, there is the "MELBOURNE SOCIETY OF MODEL AND EXPERIMENTAL ENGINEERS" (Home) who meet regularly (I am not a member, but try to go there exhibitions every second year).

There is the Melbourne hackerspace, Hack Melbourne, Hack Melbourne. They are relatively new. Again, not a member.

There are occasional gatherings/barbecues, posted on this forum.

Personal, I struggle to find time for these.

These forums are great for information, and getting your questions answered. It does help if you read up a bit and ask a specific question.

I recently stumbled across this site, Homemade CNC Router The Builder's Guide (FREE!), which is a good introduction.

Is that true...that hack can gather meet each other sometimes...didn't now...I thought that hackers are forbidden be the government...
    pdf converter http://openpdfconverter.com/