Hello all,
I hoping somebody in the community can possibly point me in the right direction on this.

My CNCRP kit is almost fully functional. I've cut out the Mach 3 roadrunner file in some scrap wood and such.

However, I'm hoping to be cutting electric guitar parts soon, but the wood used on these can be quite expensive to ruin while I'm still getting the hang of things.

Does anybody know of any cheap material that can be used for test cuts? Foam possibly? The problem is finding something with dimensions close to a guitar body blank. Typically I'd be using 1.75 in x 13 in x 20 in for a body blank.

I've already considered buying cheap lumber from home depot or lowes, BUT my problem with that is how time consuming it is to plane and glue up a body blank from the sizes of lumber available.

I've seen some listings for bulk foam, they either seem to be crazy expensive (like $30+ for something less than a body blank in size.....which I could just buy hardwood for that price) or exponentially cheaper bulk orders that require you buy 300 square meters or more.

Any advice?