588,344 active members*
5,126 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Haas vs. Hurco

Trying to decide between a Haas VF-3YT and a Hurco VMX 50. Any thoughts?

Have you looked at this thread?

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36496

You are not considering a SS version but I doubt that has much to do with the problem. If it is arising from increased deflection of the head that could occur on any extended Y machine.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

40 or 50 taper?

The VF-3YT is a good machine. Don't know much about Hurco's machine.
    The 50 Taper is solid. No rigidity issue there. The Haas dealers (HFO) have machine running demos at their outlet. Stop by one near you to see what they have to offer.

I once heard a friend of mine threaten our HAAS sales guy that he could by the HURCO and bla, bla, bla. He ended up with the HAAS VF-2.

I bought a haas vf3 about six months ago and I love it dont know anything on the hurco but haas is great machine.

Would you choose a Hurco or Fadal VMC?

Quote Originally Posted by likestomachine View Post
    Would you choose a Hurco or Fadal VMC?
    Any control can be learned. A machine is just a machine. If the price is right, and the machine is tight, I'd make money with any of 'em. But I like my VF3 and the Haas control would be the standard against which I judge the convenience of the rest of 'em.

That big push button panel on the Haas is a pretty neat invention. Beats a lot of foreign designed crap with their multifunction softkeys and nested menu systems. "Don't give 'em a full keyboard either, let 'em press this button to access the second letter on this key!"

I guess when your 'alphabet' is 4000 unique characters, it messes with your brain in terms of what you think is convenient
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hurco vs fadal

Haas is out of the question..But if you had to choose between a Hurco or Fadal..which one would you go with..Ultimately, I wish I had a Mori Seiki but the funds aren't available end of 08'.

Ya' know, I really hate to sound like a smartass but you asked the question in the Haas forum. If you don't want to be bothered with Haas opinions, doncha' think you might get better responses in the Fadal forum:

http://cnczone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126

or mebbe the Hurco forum?

http://cnczone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=345

(nuts)
    Greg