588,503 active members*
5,254 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Solids interior lines settings

Solids interior lines settings

When I upgraded to ver 20.7 now when I create a solid of a surface the interior line settings are zero, and brightness of zero. I have to change them in the attributes to be able to see them. How can I set the default settings for the interior lines?

Quote Originally Posted by youngfg View Post
    When I upgraded to ver 20.7 now when I create a solid of a surface the interior line settings are zero, and brightness of zero. I have to change them in the attributes to be able to see them. How can I set the default settings for the interior lines?

Go to the Attributes Settings with nothing selected. Solids Tab Change your Color, Interior Lines, & Brightness. Click OK and your done.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails attributes solid color changing.JPG  
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Hi guys, I think what the underlying question is, how do we get it to STAY that way. I know that I have to go in and set my preferences all the time. I havent noticed if i have to do it every time, but i know for a fact that ive gone and set grid and snap point settings all the time. Ive also noticed that in v21, i cannot get the grid to come on. Ive set it, activated it and still nothing. I went to colors to see if maybe the grid was set to white dots, and there is no color swatch there for the grid, just a beige area. any ideas?
    Lemon Curry??

What you both have to do is open BobCAD to a blank drawing space. Set everything up the way you want it. Use File -> Exit to colse the file. When you open the program again, provided you have write permissions to the registry keys, the settings will be the same as when you closed it.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by erase42 View Post
    Hi guys, I think what the underlying question is, how do we get it to STAY that way.
    Have nothing selected when you open the Attributes Dialog Box. It will default to those settlings after you save the Drawing.

Also like what The One Said

:cheers:
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

any ideas on my not being able to get a grid to show up? I think its there because it creates snap points, but i cant see it. in color settings there is no color shown to change just the beige background of the dialog box. it works in my newer v21 so i know im not just too dumb to set it.
    Lemon Curry??

any ideas on my not being able to get a grid to show up? I think its there because it creates snap points, but i cant see it. in color settings there is no color shown to change just the beige background of the dialog box. it works in my newer v21 so i know im not just too dumb to set it.

NoBody is DUMB Buddy!!!

I don't use it but I'll take a look.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Ok

File>Envirionment>Grid>Activate Check Box> Set the spacing the way you want>Ok.

Next

File>Envirionment>Colors>Select Grid>Modify>chose a Color>OK

That should do it

:cheers:
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

there is something glitchy there with the grid. cuz it worked fine today, sort of. you still cant change the grid color. there is simply no color next to grid to change like the items on the list above "grid"
    it shows up in red on the screen anyway which is fine. I wonder if having files created in v 19 open on the system were preventing me from changing grid settings?
    Lemon Curry??

there is something glitchy there with the grid. cuz it worked fine today, sort of. you still cant change the grid color. there is simply no color next to grid to change like the items on the list above "grid"
    it shows up in red on the screen anyway which is fine. I wonder if having files created in v 19 open on the system were preventing me from changing grid settings?
    I don't see that affecting anything but it might be a good idea to give Tech Support a Call.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com