587,311 active members*
3,516 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Material Technology > Vacuum forming, Thermoforming etc > Newbie Vacuum Forming Table wanted Suggestions

Newbie Vacuum Forming Table wanted Suggestions

Want to get suggestions on making a vacuuming forming table for use with my hobby. RC Planes and cars are what I work with, so this might be good. Suggestions would be great. Do craft stores carry the plastics or a table? Thanks Ron

Ron, First - Welcome Aboard!
    You should find this a good resource for many things that will fit into your hobby - but careful this might just become another!
    Foam cutters, vacuum forming info widely available uin several of the forums here.
    There are commercial machines available - but I think you'll find a lot of people here would rather DIY it. So a search for member DrCrash. He's good and has a nice page that will help you get started (I'm not sending you away -- just a good overview.)
    I did find some plastics at my local hobby shop and did some small test projects - but now am thinking I'll need a bigger set up to get what I want. Then I'llneed to go looking for other sources of plastic.
    Anyway, Hope that helps - sure others will chime as well.

:cheers: Jim
    Experience is the BEST Teacher. Is that why it usually arrives in a shower of sparks, flash of light, loud bang, a cloud of smoke, AND -- a BILL to pay? You usually get it -- just after you need it.