588,380 active members*
5,897 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > Tool Crash During Simulation Problem

Tool Crash During Simulation Problem

First off I'd like to say that I don't own the program yet but they gave me a great price, just have to save my pennies. But I do have to say there customer service is excellent they are so helpful.

Anyway. I've started my first project and got most of it done. Basically it turns the part down with one protrusion. Then it threads at the top and bottom. The problem is during the simulation when the tool move from the top (Z0) threading to the bottom threading the tool crashes through one of the protrusions that it turned earlier. I mean shouldn't it know to go around?

Any help. If you need the file I'll post it and my toolfile, just let me know. I thought it might be clearance areas but my X is 2".

You are referring to a Lathe right?
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Opps, yes a lathe. Sorry.

I don't use Dolphin but there are members here that do.
    This post will bump it up to the new posts.
    Hopefully your question will get the proper attention.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Thanks Toby, I appreciate it. What I did in the mean time was just make another tool do an ancillary move out of the way and then ran the tool that crashes. Now it move to a new location then runs the tool and it works fine. Still curious as to why it doesn't recognize it's hitting something as when it makes the move part of the part gets cut off.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartierusm View Post
    Thanks Toby, I appreciate it. What I did in the mean time was just make another tool do an ancillary move out of the way and then ran the tool that crashes. Now it move to a new location then runs the tool and it works fine. Still curious as to why it doesn't recognize it's hitting something as when it makes the move part of the part gets cut off.
    that sounds like a software bug to me. Have you reported this to Rodney at Dolphin?? I would give him a call.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Ok I'll do that.

Post back with your results so others can learn how to fix this issue.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

I will when I call, it'll be next week, I'm having problems with my conversion.