587,297 active members*
3,954 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > EDM Discussion General Topics > 536 Servo alarm Fanuc Tape Cut W1 Wire EDM 5Axis

536 Servo alarm Fanuc Tape Cut W1 Wire EDM 5Axis

Hi friends,

I m facing a problem in my Fanuc Tape cut W1 Wire EDM, When it is running an alarm 536, U axis Servo alarm is generated. For clearing this alarm i need to restart it and while starting again then i can see alarm 430 and an alarm on v axis pulse coder. i can reset this alarm by reset key and do homing again, but i m getting a difference in the homing by comparded to the last homing value, by this the job also getting spoiled. pls help me to resolve this problem.

With Regards
    Anoop

Any body can help me?

Any body can help me?

Hi friends,

I m facing a problem in my Fanuc Tape cut W1 Wire EDM, When it is running an alarm 536, U axis Servo alarm is generated. For clearing this alarm i need to restart it and while starting again then i can see alarm 430 and an alarm on v axis pulse coder. i can reset this alarm by reset key and do homing again, but i m getting a difference in the homing by comparded to the last homing value, by this the job also getting spoiled. pls help me to resolve this problem.

With Regards
    Anoop

Error 536 is U axis digital servo alarm. This is usually caused by the encoder or the cable connection between the encoder and the main board.

i had the same problem with my machine and was told to swop the U axis card for the V in the side of the machine and see if the fault changes axis.
    If it does the card is at fault.
    If not swith the card buried under the axis cards with each other and again see if the fault moves across.
    if it does the fault is with the card.
    if the fault stays then you need to switch the connects from the U motor to the V motor on the head of the machine. if the fault moves over your motor is at fault. which ever way the motor connections must be switched back.
    If this has not identified the problem them you probably have a brake in the main cable to the head that is making and braking.
    I ended up replacing my machines cable and about a week later the fault re occured and this time the fault moved over with the axis drive card so after speaking to an engineer i was advised the original fault could have caused a problem with the card so replaced the card.
    this cured the fault with the machine and it has been fine since.
    regards
    mark