588,478 active members*
5,239 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Bridgeport Series 1 with TNC151 questions about file transfer

Bridgeport Series 1 with TNC151 questions about file transfer

Hello everyone. I have recently purchased a Bridgeport Series 1 with a TNC151 control. I have never used this type of machine before. I was wondering which method most people prefer to run their programs. Can this machine be run directly from a computer that is running mastercam X? If not what is the next best method? Would I convert my mastercam drawing into g-code and load it in with TNCremo? Or how about the TNC151 conversational programing? While reading the forums people are saying that the manual can be found on their website but I have looked and can't locate it. I did find the TNCremo software but I can't find the TNC151 control manual. Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by dbcooper99 View Post
    Hello everyone. I have recently purchased a Bridgeport Series 1 with a TNC151 control. I have never used this type of machine before. I was wondering which method most people prefer to run their programs. Can this machine be run directly from a computer that is running mastercam X? If not what is the next best method? Would I convert my mastercam drawing into g-code and load it in with TNCremo? Or how about the TNC151 conversational programing? While reading the forums people are saying that the manual can be found on their website but I have looked and can't locate it. I did find the TNCremo software but I can't find the TNC151 control manual. Thanks for any help.
    Here is the Link To the Heidenhain manuals you are looking for.

http://filebase.heidenhain.de/doku/o...2C/N12D2C.html

Thank you for the link to the manuals. Does anyone here run the TNC 151 or 155 control with Mastercam? If so I would really like to know the best way to go from a drawing to running the program on the mill. Thanks again for any help.