588,055 active members*
4,222 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Z axis home position reset

Changed out the Z axis ball screw and nut. Z position is now 0.078 higher than it was before. What's the procedure to change the 0 point?

Paul in OKC

You will need to change param 64 to line up with the tool changer. I don't believe the zero point is adjustable or makes a differance just change your workshifts.

Zero point is not adjustable by software, cause it depends on the physical zero microswitch position (at least I think it works this way, I'm not from technical assistance department). About adjusting param 64, it's imediatly necessary before you have ATC problems. If you have any doubt about how to do this, please contact us and we could send you the necessary tutorials, it's quite easy to do.
    Cheers!

You have to adjust the grid offset (par127?) correctly first before setting up your Tool change height (par 64). Otherwise you will get zero-return margin to small or Large alarms.

HI I like your helpfull attitude. i have a 2008 TM3 is there any way to refit TSC to my machine.i know i will need to drill the spindle ;could it be done?

Honestly I would contact the local HFO to do this juts to have piece of mind.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by gerald vern View Post
    HI I like your helpfull attitude. i have a 2008 TM3 is there any way to refit TSC to my machine.i know i will need to drill the spindle ;could it be done?
    I think full TSC with a hole through the spindle is serious overkill on a TM machine. An alternate approach which is feasible with low speed spindles is to use a coolant inducer.

Here are two links from a Google search on 'coolant inducer'.

http://www.rotaryunions.net/goldseries.htm

http://www.bigkaiser.com/KPT_PDFs/PG8_19.pdf
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

You wouldn't have to drill a hole thru the spindle, but you would have to replace the standard drawbar with a TSC drawbar (which would have a hole thru it) and would need to modify or replace the TRP and install the correct sensors and valves, pump, ect. I think that you would be able to enable it in the control so that i would work like a VF machine.

I haven't done this and I haven't heard of anyone needing/wanting tsc on a TM, might be a little messy.

But hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    I think full TSC with a hole through the spindle is serious overkill on a TM machine. An alternate approach which is feasible with low speed spindles is to use a coolant inducer.

Here are two links from a Google search on 'coolant inducer'.

http://www.rotaryunions.net/goldseries.htm

http://www.bigkaiser.com/KPT_PDFs/PG8_19.pdf
    thanx for the links Geof

Quote Originally Posted by awesome83 View Post
    You wouldn't have to drill a hole thru the spindle, but you would have to replace the standard drawbar with a TSC drawbar (which would have a hole thru it) and would need to modify or replace the TRP and install the correct sensors and valves, pump, ect. I think that you would be able to enable it in the control so that i would work like a VF machine.

I haven't done this and I haven't heard of anyone needing/wanting tsc on a TM, might be a little messy.

But hope this helps
    thanx 83 its allready messy ! Im workn on side panels ;arain coat will half to do for now. mostly need it to .375 drill 1.25 AL through hole; custom lite mounts.there an 8in pylon for airo hiway tractor LITEFORCE.must be easyoff.