588,117 active members*
5,024 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCAD V22 crashing, anyone have any clues to resolution?

BobCAD V22 crashing, anyone have any clues to resolution?

Hey there everyone,

I've got an issue, a client of mine is running BobCAD v22 on a system & it's really unstable. Brand new Core2 duo, 2gb ram, Win Xp Pro sp3, No AV software ( it's a stand alone machine ) all current patches for windows, and BobCAD keeps crashing.

I have played with the VM settings in windows, Turned windows defender off, even tried compatability mode for win2k for the executable, but it will still crash.

After all my playing around, it seems somewhat more stable, but it's still not what i'd call good enough for a commercial machine shop enviroment.

Anyone have any thoughts? It's very hard to find anything useful in the BobCAD forums on their site.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

What is the Build number? Help Menu-About BobCad.

What are the circumstances of a crash? Can you elaborate?

Sorry dude,

I should have recorded the build number. I will grab it asap, it's on a clients machine @ their site.

Doing just about anything in BobCad causes it to crash - it was crashing every 10mins, now i've got it out to being stable to about 25mins, but still causing issues. Event log on the pc has BobCad.exe crashing, no version info, nothing else logged, such as a module or dll in the message.

There's occasionally also a log of BobCad crashing with a file nvg something crashing, i can't remember the whole lot, but i'll record it next time i'm at site, which should be soon.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Ok I'll look for more info from you.
    Burr

You need to download and install the 1137 build for the V22. You can find this on BobCAD's website.

You also want to check the video driver.

run dxdiag and it will tell you if the driver needs to be updated check the date on the drive and if it's a few years old then you need to download new video drivers.

Also you would want to turn the auto save off. This is most likely causing the crashing you are talking about.

When you run the V22 1137 build you might want to clear your registry of the BobCAD V22. Folder, this way before you install the new version no old setting will carry over.

Also don't use the update, use the full install.

Allen123 ->

Thanks for the reply. It's a new machine, DX 10, Latest Nvidia driver pack for the video card (as in last week). The pc is not online, it's a stand alone pc, otherwise i'd have remote access to it & i'd be able to work on it more often (as i don't have to spend 40mins traveling to site to do that).

I'll give turning off the auto save feature a shot, if that doesn't work, I'll look around for the 1137 build & download it, then i'll clean out the reg & install it.

Thanks for the suggestion about auto save - this may be the key. BobCad is installed on another machine in the workshop, still a XP box, but DX9 & what was latest video drivers at the time. Std BobCad install, nothing changed & it's stable as a rock, surprisingly! (chair)

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Hi everyone,

I'm back onsite, tried the auto save fix & it didn't change the crashing situation. BobCad support said to download the latest update off their website & install. Can't find the full build - but it must be somewhere!

Prior to update, it was build number 865. Now i dunno!

Done that, now the damn thing won't even open at all! I'm getting a crash message with " common0004r.dll " in the event log - Gone from bad to worse!

Any thoughts? Can't find anything online that really helps atm.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ToranaGuy View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm back onsite, tried the auto save fix & it didn't change the crashing situation. BobCad support said to download the latest update off their website & install. Can't find the full build - but it must be somewhere!

Prior to update, it was build number 865. Now i dunno!

Done that, now the damn thing won't even open at all! I'm getting a crash message with " common0004r.dll " in the event log - Gone from bad to worse!

Any thoughts? Can't find anything online that really helps atm.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Should find everything you need here http://www.bobcadsupport.com/tech/

Regards
    Rob

Download this file.

http://www.bobcadsupport.com/tech//B...%20install.exe

Un-install BobCad, Predator Editor and Predator VCNC.

Run the full install.

Make sure its Build 1137 when done.

This is actually a lot easier:

Go into the BobCAD V23 directory \\Program Files\\BobCAD-CAM\\BobCAD-CAM V23\\MillingTechnology.
    Delete the files in the Tools folder as well as the ToolPattern folder.

This will enable the software to start without an error.

As for the other crashing:

Try disabling Visual Themes for the application. Right click the desktop icon and click on Properties. On the Compatibility tab you will find the "Disable Visual Themes" check box. Check it and click OK.

Then try turning down the hardware acceleration for the display adapter, if the above did not help.

Regards

The one,

I think he is running v22 not v23?

Doesn't matter. The same graphics and directories problems result in the same errors.

Regards