587,383 active members*
3,270 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > duplicate entries

duplicate entries

Hi,

i am currently trying to generate toolpaths on mastercam x using 2d dxf drawings i have received from our customer. However chaining keeps getting
    interupted by little bits of arc/line underneith the profile i am trying to chain.
    ie if i delete an arc then press refresh a little bit of the arc reappears. These
    little bits stop the chain running all around the contour, so i have to manually
    find and delete them. Does anyone know a quick way of deleting all these
    in one go? Delete duplicates option doesnt work. Thanks for any help

Smile

Sometimes splines come into mcam with dxf files Try DELETE>ALL>SPLINES and as for as duplicates, you can check the delete duplicates on file get under screen configure options. Another trick in mcam is to check ignore depths under chaining options. If you are in full chaining mode your chain shouldn't stop unless a branch point is reached. If you post a copy of the file in question and state the version you are running I can give you a more accurate solution to your problem.

most people don't know about this tool. review, Picture time again.
    Also I do not suggest removing all splines until you know if they are needed as part of the shape. in some cases they can be changes to lines and arcs if needed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails findoverlap.jpg  
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    most people don't know about this tool. review, Picture time again.
    Also I do not suggest removing all splines until you know if they are needed as part of the shape. in some cases they can be changes to lines and arcs if needed.
    excellent, thanks for your help guys this chook works perfectly!