587,567 active members*
3,541 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > Looking for a simple, extruded plastic edge protector

Exclamation Looking for a simple, extruded plastic edge protector

I'm looking for a source for extruded plastic edge protector material for my kitchen knives. I know it's out there, I just can't find a wholesale source for a similar material without any brand names imprinted.

I only need around 50 feet of the stuff so having an extrusion tool made wouldn't be worth it.

I made a couple of drawings to indicate what I need. Width should be aroud 1.5" give or take and it should have enough "spring" to keep it o the knife edge when the knives are stored.

Thanks in advance! Shoot me an email: [email protected]

www.wilkins-knives.com

I was thinking of something that you'd perhaps find in a stationary supply, like a clear plastic clip for bundling loose sheets into a booklet. This came up:
    http://dachangplastic.en.made-in-chi...rent-Clip.html

Comes in a 3 kilometer roll, though
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

The paper binder profile is always too narrow, I've explored a lot of those and none have worked... thanks anyway!
    www.wilkins-knives.com

Quote Originally Posted by KevinWilkins View Post
    I'm looking for a source for extruded plastic edge protector material for my kitchen knives. I know it's out there, I just can't find a wholesale source for a similar material without any brand names imprinted.

I only need around 50 feet of the stuff so having an extrusion tool made wouldn't be worth it.

I made a couple of drawings to indicate what I need. Width should be aroud 1.5" give or take and it should have enough "spring" to keep it o the knife edge when the knives are stored.

Thanks in advance! Shoot me an email: [email protected]

Try www.globalsources.com you mayfind a plastic extrusion firm that will sell you a "sample" production run.

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Thanks for the tips, caplugs sent me a sample to test a while back, unfortunately the plastic they use is too soft, otherwise it would be perfect- The gardening stuff is too heavy, allthough that is a novel one.

I'm trying to stay away from the China connection, I'm hoping to find a source in the EU or USA.
    www.wilkins-knives.com

Couldn't something like that be thermoformed out of flat sheet? Maybe even vacuum formed?

Matt

I guess it could be, Kydex would work... wanna make me some?? ;-)
    www.wilkins-knives.com