587,173 active members*
4,046 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Convertible Tablet PC for CAD/CAM (Re-post)

Hello all I posted this exact thread in a different section and got no responce I became aware of this section today so I thought I would try reposting here.

I am looking in to getting a convertible tablet PC I need a min. of 1.5 GHz processor Windows® XP or Windows 2000 with latest service packs and updates; .NET 1.1 framework and DirectX ® version 9.Oc. 512 Mb RAM, 1 GB available hard disk space 64 MB OpenGL-compatible (minimum)1024 x 768 resolution (minimum) and a CD Drive, out puts to a TV would be an asset but not a necessity. I was looking at the toshiba M200 and it looks almost perfect but I am very new to the tablet world and am leery to buy one just yet and I keep hearing bad things about the M200. As I am a student long battery life would be a bonus and needs to be mobile so the lighter the better. Ok I think I got it all out, dose any one have any suggestions at all. At the same time if it can be kept under 3g's I would be happy but if need be more is ok. Is there any one out there running these types of programs on a tablet? and if you thing 3g's is a lot lol im in CAD funds here so you 2g's = around my 3, heh heh
    Here's a preemptive thank you to every one, I am so lost my head is swimming with yes, no, maybe?

thanks kdoney there are a lot there to look at. After spending an hour looking at all of those, ok well not all of them but a good amount I think I should re-do my question. Is there anyone out there who uses a Tablet PC for CAD CAD work and if so what machine are you useing and what do and don't you like about it.

I actually use a HP tc4200, purchased from ebay, as a controller and like it. I use the convertible for drawing in a program called glass eye 2000, broad lines for stained glass, but that's about it. I use the desktop for Rhino and close work. My convertible resolution goes to 1024 X 768.