587,193 active members*
3,235 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC Laser cutting / drilling

Hello, I am a newbie to laser machining and need some advice. My company has contracted me to explore and eventually buy a cnc laser to machine thin walled electroformed parts. The materials we will be cutting are nickel, cobalt, copper, gold, the cutting itself is fairly simple, just holes and contours. I would like to get something set up similar to an enclosed 3 axis machining centre. Currently I am looking at machines from DMG and Mazak and also Mitsubishi. Could you recommend any other brands to check out also?

Thanks,
    Jerod

Jerod

There may be a few lurkers but the overwelming majority of folks here have CO2 laser machines, mostly cheap Chinese models meant to cut plastic and wood. I wouldn't expect a huge response....

If it were me I'd go to a trade show and check it out. IMTS is this fall, I'm sure there are others with the type of machines you'd be looking at. That would give you the chance to see several different machines in person and side by side so to speak.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by jbias View Post
    Hello, I am a newbie to laser machining and need some advice. My company has contracted me to explore and eventually buy a cnc laser to machine thin walled electroformed parts. The materials we will be cutting are nickel, cobalt, copper, gold, the cutting itself is fairly simple, just holes and contours. I would like to get something set up similar to an enclosed 3 axis machining centre. Currently I am looking at machines from DMG and Mazak and also Mitsubishi. Could you recommend any other brands to check out also?

Thanks,
    Jerod
    Jerod,
    Glad to see your posting here .Yes for most CO2 laser machine ,it is only for nonmetal materials ,if you for nickel, cobalt, copper, gold,we would like to suggest our laser marking machine ,more detials please feel free to visit our wesite laser engraving machine?laser cutting machine?cutting plotter at G.WeiKe

Best Wishes
    Lucy Lee
    G.WEIKE LASER
    laser engraving machine?laser cutting machine?cutting plotter at G.WeiKe
    [email protected]

Jerod,

hi.

In China Market, all the regular Co2 Laser Machine can only cut and engrave Non Metal material. Some expensive ones can cut metal only,but no metal. Such as YAG,Rofine and so on..

So pls consider about it and confirm what material you want to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by jbias View Post

Thanks,
    Jerod