587,345 active members*
4,019 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

tree 310 dynapath 20 wiring

Hi I've been on here before asking questions about this mill TREE 310 dynapath 20. After searching old posts for info I'm wondering if the incoming power is connected correctly. Does anyone know which teminal the " wild" leg should be on I have 220 3 phase This mill did run at first then problems started with the crt not powering up. Now the crt is dead, spindle will run only if contacts are manually pushed in and power knee is the same. I have read about green lights lit on the cards but mine are all red. I don't have the schematics I do have the programming manuals When the crt did power awhile back it said battery needs replaced but if this thing is going to cost a bunch to get going its not worth it. Thanks in advance you guys helped me alot to get me started with the referencing the axis and such

Greetings-
    The 220V goes into the middle position, I'll have to look at the wire numbers when I get home. It will trace to the coolant pump circuit.

Okay middle position has 217v left and right have 123v. what I have found is the cabinet with the dynapath controls has 3 fuses in the upper right corner. The left fuse has 0 v middle 217v right 123v. red wire from left fuse top is connected to a transformer bolted underneath the cabinet, There is a red wire from the bottom of that fuse going to a block near the drive cards then the wire continues down to the same transformer and also to a part that looks like a 3" round can with red and black wires to it
    There is no power in the red wires or the four black wires coming from the transformer I can't figure out where the power is supossed to come from. there is a transformer below the fuses with 220 input 24 v output that is fine. the control turns on with the red lights lit but CRT is dead

Gary-
    It will be Sunday before I can run through the wires on my mill (J425). Where are you located? I might be able to let you use all of my information. I don't think a photograph of the drawings would work to well, though I could try.
    Todd

Hi I'm in east central Iowa

Greetings Gary-
    I'm in Indiana, so a visit is out the window. You should have voltage on the left side of the fuse block. Trace back from there. I'll photograph my schematics and try to e-mail them to you, I would imagine that these are very similar machines. PM me an address.
    Todd

I used to work for a company in the mid 80's that used Dynapath controls on the knee mills that they produced,I was a field service tech and still have all of the manuals for the Delta 10am,delta 10, and delta 20 controls, Although I don't want to loose the manuals i'm sure that it could be copied if you think that something that old might help. Please let me know

tree 310 update

My TREE 310 with delta 20 control has no power to the servo dynamics drive or the spindle motor or knee lift motors will run if contact is manually pushed in other cabinet.I can't figure out the wiring there is no power to the left fuse of the 3 fuses in the top right of the cabinet the middle fuse has 217v right fuse 123v. Is there a place I can get the schematics but whose wiring is it TREE or SD or DYNAPATH the transformer that is hanging under the cabinet has no voltage to it. It is connected to this fuse with no power 220v input 75 v output on its cover. I don't know how to post a picture on here TODD did you get my pm my email is [email protected] If you have anything to help TIA

The CNC control and Servo Dynamic drives require single phase power. Your measurement of no voltage on the left fuse may indicate that you've lost that phase of your incoming power, for whatever reason. If the DynaPath and the Servo Dynamic drives are connected to this leg, they won't be getting any power.