588,390 active members*
5,712 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Restarting the spindle after spindle stop while in automatic/tape mode on a VMC

Restarting the spindle after spindle stop while in automatic/tape mode on a VMC

While a program is running in automatic (tape) mode, I would like to be able to stop the spindle to clear off the swarf that accumulates on drill bits. However, if I press spindle stop, I can't seem to get the spindle to re-start so I can continue on with the program. Pressing the cycle start button continues with feed movements, but with the spindle still off.

I have tried switching into MDI mode to do a Sxxx M3, but that doesn't seem to take. I have also tried pressing the clockwise/counterclockwise buttons on the control that can be used to start the spindle in manual mode, but that hasn't worked either.

Basically I would like to be able to do the equivalent to pressing feed hold and then continuing on again, but instead of just the feed stopping and then re-starting, the spindle would stop and then restart.

My machine is a Kitamura MyCenter 1 with a Yasnac (very similar to Fanuc) controls if it is relevant.

Thanks in advance!

The machine I'm working on will pause the program on a M0 command, and resume spindle speed and feed when cycle start is pressed again. So whenever I know I will get chips in the way after a cycle, I will put a M0 in there. If it runs fine without it, I will just remove it after a couple parts when I know everything is good. Perhaps this will work on your machine as well.