588,496 active members*
4,510 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > Sick of sales jargon...whats a good economical cnc plasma?

Sick of sales jargon...whats a good economical cnc plasma?

I have heard alot from alot of great sounding bs'ers and would like to know who had good and bad experiences with cnc plasma's. Their seems to be alot on ebay lately and have been for the last 2 years and we are thinking about a purchase soon

Exactly which one are you looking at? I have one of them that is commonly found on eBay.

An answer to my question from aosmeone who has experience with other machines. I need something I can throw a full size plate of 3/8 to .5" thick mild steel or stainless on. I dont care for the aluminum extrusion table and need something that will take abuse. Their was some talk a little while back about nightmares with some of the ebay plasma tables.

If you are looking for a true machine tool that will be a workhorse - Id stay away from all of the socalled plasma machines on ebay. That is unless you are looking at the used machines area and bidding on true factory built machines. A good plasma power supply that can cut .500 SS all day long will run you at least 5k. Also remember cutting stainless will create fumes that need to be vented and filtered properly. Id say if you spend less then 20k on a used machine - plan on working on it.

If your looking for something that will take abuse, stay away from eBay. The aluminum extrusion tables will not take any kind of abuse. I sure wouldn't try putting a full sheet of 1/2" on one. Socal is right look at around 20-30k for something dependable.