587,118 active members*
3,112 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Promica by CNCkits

Several months ago I was looking for a small cnc milling machine that I could use for prototyping and small production use. The first one that caught my interest was Syil since they have a local distributor here in Australia and their price is very cheap , but after googling over the net for reviews the only feed backs that I have read are mostly negative ( poor technical support & low quality electronics used ….)

Next one I found was Promica CNC kits PROMiCA - CNCKits owned by Marc Huett. I was very much impressed with all the good comments that I have read in this forum regarding his machine which make me decide to order one of his MX3 CNCmill with out any hesitation

I ordered the cnc mill last November 2011 and was delivered to me after 8 weeks. And after a month of playing with the machine I have to say that I am one happy camper :banana::banana::banana:

The build and quality is excellent and the same with technical support. Not like with other manufacturers that would make you feel abandoned and hanging on air when you ask for technical help. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Hi Pearldiver. Have you heard or been in contact with Marc recently? I have been trying to get hold of him since mid January about a part with no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty989 View Post
    Hi Pearldiver. Have you heard or been in contact with Marc recently? I have been trying to get hold of him since mid January about a part with no luck.
    PM sent.

Here's my first dry run. I wanted to try it first on wood before I apply it on steel. I did the design on Adobe illustrator then exported the file as DXF and import it on CAMBAM for the tool path. The controller is mach3.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VYDyAiNYUs&feature=share]Promica CNC Sieg X3 mill - YouTube[/ame]

Promica

I have a Promica'd X3 - excellent workmanship in kit and absolutely stunning after sales service.

What are the prices like for the Promica kits?

Quote Originally Posted by swaindog23 View Post
    What are the prices like for the Promica kits?
    It would be best if you contact them PROMiCA - CNCKits

Thanks, I have - about a week ago and haven't got a reply as yet.. thought someone would know offhand..

Promica Prices

I've had mine about 2 years and from memory paid just over 3k for the kit - I purchased my mill separately. Also from memory, you can request a quote on his site. I suggest you do this as he is good to deal with. The best part is that if you have a problem (I've had a couple of self induced ones) he provides excellent after sales service and advice.:cheers:

Thanks for that - I'll be in touch with him... gives me a quick ballpark to work in.. cheers. -- I've heard all good things so will definitely be working with Promica.

Hi everyone, im new in this CNC stuff, or should I say, trying to jump into this!. Im looking to do my own conversion as soon as I can and I have emailed promica through their website, since I have read only very nice things from them but unfortunately havent had any response yet..
    I do not know if the system is working or not and wanted to ask you guys if someone knows the contact email of promica? that could be very helpful!
    Thanks and hope you are all doing great!
    Best wishes!!!
    lg

Quote Originally Posted by luis.gm View Post
    Hi everyone, im new in this CNC stuff, or should I say, trying to jump into this!. Im looking to do my own conversion as soon as I can and I have emailed promica through their website, since I have read only very nice things from them but unfortunately havent had any response yet..
    I do not know if the system is working or not and wanted to ask you guys if someone knows the contact email of promica? that could be very helpful!
    Thanks and hope you are all doing great!
    Best wishes!!!
    lg
    Try posting through their forum :-)

Hey Peardiver, thans for your msg,

Well I tried already to register in the website but it says my email is not valid and unfortunately it does not accept other email accounts from the ones I already have (no hotmail, no gmail).
    I wonder if thats why they hve not replied to me, since they do not recognize my email address, perhaps its being automatically rejected. Opening another account its a little bit of a bummer but anyway the idea of posting in the forum its definitely good and if that is the only way to get in contact with Promica well then I guess I would have to get a valid email account for them.

Thanks again for the ideas!
    Best!
    lg