I'm currently experiencing a glitch which seems to come and go and it's causing me no end of frustration. I'll try to explain as clearly as possible but if somebody wants to look at a copy of the .cnc file I'll gladly send it to them.
I'm doing some very simple profiles that I step down with depth repeat.
The programming is: N1, Title, N2, Tool, N3, Cutter Comp, N4, Import DXF (at this point the dxf file imports and chains properly for the contour). At the end of inserting the contour I do a depth repeat.

I then graph the program to make sure it runs properly. CRAP! (That is NOT at technical term!)

This is what happens. The machine moves from zero to the contour zero or first point of entry (I'll call that X=0.5, Y= 0.5) with Z at home. There's a very small Linear move when the machine is apparently interpreting the cutter comp. The machine then does a Z down then begins the linear moves, cutting the profile correctly.

At the end of the very last linear move the machine moves PAST the point of entry about an eighth of an inch (approx X=0.375, Y=0.5). Then it does a 45° move to approx X=0.5, Y=0.375, then it goes to X=0.5, Y=0.5 before it retracts. (This is obviously some kind of cutter comp glitch since the cutter diameter is .250)

If I'm doing an outside profile I can ignore it but if I'm doing an inside profile it's a disaster. This is not something that happens consistently but seems to go in spurts i.e. it may happen with three or four dxf files in a row and then not do it again for a while. There are also other unexplained "glitches" that I'm fighting as well but this is the current one. They all seem to be related to Cutter Comp.

When I go into the editor I can follow each move but there is no indication whatever that the last linear move is not correct e.g. it will show the last move ending at exactly X=0.5, Y=0.5 and followed by the Z retract.

If anybody out there can shed any light on this I'd sure appreciate it.

P.S. Yes, I have played with turning Cutter Comp on and off, right and left at various places in the program but it has no effect. And I have tried to edit the program but that really screws things up.