587,125 active members*
2,664 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > CNC Fusion kits: Standard or Deluxe Ballscrew Kit? Why?

CNC Fusion kits: Standard or Deluxe Ballscrew Kit? Why?

I'm starting on a CNC conversion for my X3 and have a question. I will be ordering a ballscrew kit from CNC Fusion and I'm wondering how the standard ballscrew kit compares to the deluxe kit. It will be a stretch right now to come up with the additional $350 for the deluxe kit and I would like to know if it is really worth >50% more than the standard kit. Does anyone have any comparison specs (backlash?, etc.) Will I be kicking myself for not waiting and saving up for the deluxe kit? I'm looking for information from the group and data to back up opinions. I'm not looking for an answer like "it's more expensive so it must be better". thanks.

As far as I remember they do the #1 kit which uses std trapizodal leadscrews #2, #3 and #4 has ballscrews - this accounts for the cost difference? Ballscrews are better ober the std leadscrews, the only other upgrade are using pre-loaded nuts which should reduce possible backlash!

If you go the ballscrew route, I would suggest getting the preloaded ballscrews. I know somebody in the area who bought the kit without these and suggested it was worth it to remove backlash.