587,694 active members*
3,589 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question error 136, spindle interlock... on and off?

Hey guys
    Im having an issue with mazak vtc 250, When I go to run a Keyway program (that was already used in the past) it comes up with error 126 cutter block start interlock (highlighted in blue)
    As far as i can find, its my spindle not matching the required rpm of the program.
    When I first start the machine up, in manual or MDI, it will do any speed I ask of it, and it will work in other programs and run them fine.
    Ive reposted the key program and re-loaded it onto the machine, and still having the issue.

It will only go up to 1020rpm when I run it.
    If I stop the program and try to crank up the rmp in manual or mdi again it will only go up to 1020. shut off machine, start back up, and its back to normal till I try running that program again.

Off the bat, i assume its program related, but there is nothing different between that program starting blocks and other programs other than possition. So im at a loss as to why its acting strange.

How do i toggle "block start interlock function"?

Thanks
    AW

Does your machine have an ATC and know which tool is in its spindle? Then maybe each tool would have its own spindle speed limit set? (eg: heavier tool has a lower spindle speed limit, or tool with large diameter has a lower spindle speed limit, etc). It's a safety that some machines have. If it is exactly the same program with the same tools at the same position, well first of all can your spindle rotate a a faster speed when running another program?

Cheers.