587,696 active members*
3,523 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Macro 9310 please?

Hello all.

A local shop that I just started working at not too long ago had a problem on an older Mazak and we lost some of the built in macros.

In particular, we need a copy of Macro 9310 for the probe.

Apparently, the machine ran out of memory and overwrote the existing macro making the probe get stuck in a infinite loop.

I've been looking everywhere and cannot get any help from Mazak.

If you could please share the code I need to get this machine up and running again, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Area351 View Post
    Hello all.

A local shop that I just started working at not too long ago had a problem on an older Mazak and we lost some of the built in macros.

In particular, we need a copy of Macro 9310 for the probe.

Apparently, the machine ran out of memory and overwrote the existing macro making the probe get stuck in a infinite loop.

I've been looking everywhere and cannot get any help from Mazak.

If you could please share the code I need to get this machine up and running again, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    What type of Probe Hardware is it? It probably isn't a Mazak proprietary item, but perhaps Renishaw or other. If this is the case, and particularly if Renishaw, you will do well to contact them; I've found Renishaw to be most helpful.

The program would not just get overwritten due to lack of memory; the control just doesn't do that. The only way it would be overwritten is by human intervention. It is possible for the memory to become corrupt, but if the bulk of the programs in memory are still OK, then its a human issue.

Regards,

Bill

Not sure of the probe, but I don't think its a Renishaw.

We have been waiting for nearly a week to hear back from Mazak.

The majority of the file is there. We are only missing the last couple of lines from the macro and it gets stuck in an infinite loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Area351 View Post
    Not sure of the probe, but I don't think its a Renishaw.

We have been waiting for nearly a week to hear back from Mazak.

The majority of the file is there. We are only missing the last couple of lines from the macro and it gets stuck in an infinite loop.
    Post a copy of the program here, or you can send me a copy via PM and I'll take a look at it. If you decide to do so, include the Macro Call block, and any other programs that may call O9310, or be called by O9310.

Regards,

Bill