587,272 active members*
5,299 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bobcad Barracuda comments

Kookaburra says: (first reply posted)

"Yes it is a brilliant product, it is due to be released at IMTS in September. The price will be awesome as well. Typical of BobCAD, it is a quality product at a price the user can afford.

and the "uneducated" metlmunchr responds:

Does it take a brain surgeon to figure out who brought price into the thread? On a further note, for as uneducated as I may be, please note that I DID NOT compare your machine's price to the price of any DIY machine conversions, but to the products of manufacturers with a long track record of building turn-key CNC machinery. However, let's consider the price issue closed and discuss machine and manufacturer merits and features.

Of course, in my blissful ignorance, I asked how you achieve both closed loop and step-direction control. Still waiting for an answer on that one.

Also still waiting for a comment about how you achieve the stated accuracy and repeatability if the precision if it's not built into the iron on which the conversion is based.

Kookaburra further states:
    "Metlmunchr, before you go posting un-educated comments about other companies and their products you may want to contact the particular company and ask them a few of your questions prior to commenting."

Unfortunately, every technical question I asked was based directly on information posted re the machine on either your website or the Bobcad website. You posted it publicly to be taken as accurate, so I'm having a difficult time figuring out why you're obviously unwilling to explain or back up your statements publicly so everyone who reads may benefit from your explanation. As an unfortunate purchaser of Bobcad v15, v16, and v17, I am intimately familiar with the manner in which Bobcad adds a whole new meaning to the concept of customer support and continues to bring semi-complete products to the market. Obviously I don't fall into the category of "potential customer", but , if you can't even post technically accurate data about some proposed machine, then why should I or anyone else who has paid money in the past to Bobcad be expected to think this is anything but more of the same old stuff?

Reputable business people with a good product to sell love to answer questions about their product in the light of day.

(edited to remove useless comments)

Guys, this whole topic about the Bobcad Barracuda can be something we all can learn from, but please keep the debate civilised & constructive!

Klox
    *** KloX ***
    I'm lazy, I'm only "sparking" when the EDM is running....