588,219 active members*
4,202 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Relief art reproduction legalities

Exclamation Relief art reproduction legalities

New to this forum or any forum in general, but I can't seem seem to find an answer anywhere else. I work in the pewter centrifugal rubber mold business as a caster. I would like to get into model making considering we own a 3-axis cnc mill and I'm the only one capable of using it. The plan is to cut a relief in my homemade machinable wax reversed, and pour some 2 part urethane plastic into the cavity for the models. My question is. Is it legal to mass produce from relief files bought online from stores like vectricart3d.com. If not, is it legal to do this with a similar site? Or do I require something like vectric aspire for what I'm after? Thanks.

Each company will have its own use policy. In most cases I bet you find that purchased art is for "personal or private use and not for resale".

I would think it would be legal because its pointless to invest in something you can't turn a profit on. You should be able to sell the items you make but not the software or the software image/file. That's what w w w . for3d . ru says in their policy.

if you have plan to make some production and you know that is a sellable product...
    you better to get invidual model.. make yourself or someone make it you..

i know many site that selling their models they made after old prints , books..

sources that already out of any copyrigth.. however their model of same copyrigth free original work already copyrigthed..

best idea simply ignore them..
    on front you migth have more to invest, later it saves you headache.. i modeling myself, and know folks that worked for pewter companies..
    a lot simpler than it looking..

htere are a number of program you can use.. aspire, artcam they are almost same for modeling..
    theres hexagon is free, silo3d, modo and a lot..

you have to understand, those companies making their living of modeling.. so if you coming up you want to massproduct it, they immediaetely makes their price ten times more.. no matter how much actually that worth.. they will charge as much as they can..
    3dcoat and zbrush for figurines or full around models like corbels..

i used aspire, now i using silo3d and 3dcoat... more affordable and way more possibilities ..

this picture i started with aspire.. and after couldnt get trough i had to redo all with silo and 3dcoat..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF6052[1].jpg