587,762 active members*
3,427 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

X3 power feed table

Does anyone make a power feed for the X3 table.
    Thanks,
    Harold

Yes. Sieg makes them, a guy named Jack Mogren is importing them.
    Here is a message he sent on June 21, 2006

"The powerfeeds I ordered are on a container ship somewhere off the
    west coast. I should be offering them for sale on Ebay in about 3
    weeks. Target price: $219.00

- Jack"

As for me, I am making my own

G'day All.
    My first post here.

I'm in Australia. I have just bought an X3 with Sieg powerfeed.
    The P/feed works great. The only possible problem would be the left/right switch lever. it feels very weak and flimsy. I think that I will be replacing it with a 3 position rocker switch very shortly.
    The p/feed mounted easy. the 2 small locator pins on the left end plate needed to be Dremelled flush with the end plate to allow the P/feed to mount flush against the end plate.

Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Grafton.
    OZ

Thanks for the info. I would have thought the U.S. distributors would have offered one, guess not.

I hope Little Machine shop starts to carry X3 replacement parts, accessories, etc.
    There is not nearly as much information about this mill as the mini-mill it seems.

Gumba;

You should seriously consider CNC'ing the axis instead of a manually operated auto feeder.

There are a number of reasons for this. One being that the more you get into machining with any amount of automation the more you will want to go CNC.

Another reason would be good feed control over the axis as well as positioning.

Given that you have or can find a computer for controll, the CNC approach is not thatmuch more expensive and a whole lot more flexible. If you become comfortable with this approach you can upgrade in the future to 3 axis control and ball screws if you wish.

I just see auto feed units in this day and age as being an expensive and limited technology that can be easily eclipsed by a limited implementation of CNC hardware. In effect installing such drives is a detour for your money.

Thanks
    Dave

Thanks for the suggestion. Who offers a cnc package for the axis. I see at some point Syil will sell a 3 axis cnc package for the x3.