587,768 active members*
3,290 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Connecticut - New Club

Connecticut - New Club

Anyone in Connecticut want to start a club. As much as I like the forums I would really like to spend time in other people's home shops or to have others over to mine. Searches for Connecticut didn't turn up much so I thought I would start one so that Connecticut shows up in the search.

I am interested in building a DIY plasma table. I have a knee mill, bench lathe, vertical and horizontal bandsaws, and a sweet 5' x 8' Weldsale (Acorn type) welding platen and TIG, MIG, Stick at my house.

I would like to have a monthly garage night to just hang out and shoot the s**t and maybe learn or try new things. Maybe a different night at a differnt person's shop each time.

Do I have any Connecticut people out there that want to get together.

Regards, Bill
    http://www.BlackbirdMFG.com

Not much in the way of replies... (?!)

I'm game, but I'm a total newbie... I'm in CT (when I'm not in NH, that is)...

doorknob/Bill-
    If you're in NH, you are welcome to attend one of our meetings - the Southern NH CNC Club - sounds official but isn't! There are about 40+ members, 10-20 are the most active. We have a meeting this Saturday in Kingston, NH in South Eastern NH.

Send me a personal message if you are interested in attending.
    Keith

Keith - my timing is off, as I will be in CT then, but I'll keep an eye out for future meetings...

I'll try to come to the first meeting. Once I find out where and when, of course!

-jim

Thanks for the replies so far. I'd like to see a few more interested parties but keep checking back and see if there is any more interest.

Just logged in after a long absence and noticed your post.

I am in New haven area, I don't have a machine or shop to host in. But would be very interested in helping out in others.

I do have alot of mechanical aptitude and a need to learn more of the machine trades for a few special projects.

Email me for best responses.
    Kerismo at kerismo dot com

Hey. I would be interested. I am in the New Haven area also.

While this is not specific to CNC, it might be of interest to some here.

i noted a blurb in Machinist's Workshop magazine about a small group of Southwest and/or Central Connecticut home shop machinists ("CTHSM") who evidently get together once a month to show off their projects and share info.

The next meeting is scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 13 in Newtown. I have not yet attended a meeting, but, weather and schedule permitting, I will try to attend the next one.

See Connecticut HSM Meeting for more info...

Thank you all for the interest. If I can I will check out the site just posted. Times have been tough so it has been hard to justify the time for this since this is my only source of income. I would like to make time for this again as my past experiences have been fun. Keep in touch.

Bill (Blackbird Manufacturing & Design - Home)