588,671 active members*
6,038 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: FANUC LADDER

FANUC LADDER

I AM WRITING LADDER FOR A MACHINE AND WOULD LIKE TO USE A X ADDRESS TO PLACE Z AXIS IN A FEED HOLD STATE WHILE CLAMPING A PART AND THEN SEND A SIGNAL TO THE PROGRAM TO RETRACT Z AXIS. I AM WORKING ON A INVERTED SPINDLE LATHE WITH A PARTS LOADING SYSTEM WHERE THE Z AXIS COMES OVER AND COMPRESSES A TABLE UNTIL A SWITCH IS HIGH.

I am not completely clear on what you want, but could you incorporate the Z move with a G31 skip signal and use the switch wired to the skip input?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

YOU MEAN TO COMMAND A G31 IN THE PART PROGRAM AND THEN USE THE PROX SWITCH TO CANCEL THE G31. WHEN DOING THAT DO YOU HAVE TO USE SOMETHING LIKE G31Z-11.F30.;#1101=1; TO LET THE LADDER NO YOU ARE IN THIS MODE THEN SIMPLY CANCEL IT WITH A SWITCH. BECAUSE WHAT WILL HAPPEN IS THE CNC WILL GIVE A FEEDRATE IN Z NEGATIVE AND WHEN THE SWITCH IS MADE I WANT TO STOP ALL Z AXIS MOVEMENT UNTIL I SEE A CHUCK CLAMP CONFIRMATION AND THEN ALLOW THE PROGRAM TO PROCEED TO THE N LINE IT RETRACTS ON. I AM WORKING ON A NEW DOOSAN THAT THE FACTORY AUTOMATION ENGINEERS MESSED UP SEVERLY AND HAVE LEFT THE MACHINE IN MY HANDS TO BUILD. IT WILL BE A LIGHTS OUT OPERATION WHEN DONE. ARE YOU FAMILAR WITH THE G134 AXIS INTERLOCK SIGNAL IN THE LADDER, I WAS WONDERING IF IT WOULD WORK.

The G31 simply stops all programmed motion and commands in that line and drops through to the next block as soon as the skip input switch is made, you do not need any code in the CNC or ladder to read the switch.
    All that is required is that the switch is connected into the dedicated input for this purpose.
    The PMC has an input and also an extra card can be obtained with a High Speed Skip input that by-passes the PMC, but normally this would not be needed.
    Al.

Albert E.

AL,

DO YOU HAPPEN TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A G31 AND A G6.6 AUXILARY SKIP FUNCTION ENABLED IN THE LADDER BY PARAMETER 6200 BIT 0? IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING THIS IS FOR USING SWITCHES AND SUCH. I WONDERED IF THE FUNCTIONED THE SAME WAY INCASE MY PROGRAMMER WOULD WANT TO USE THE STANDARD G31 ELSEWHERE.

What Fanuc control type is this?
    Al.

Albert E.

18i-tb

I am not familiar with the i series, & G6. But if it comes down to using the G31 assigned input, it can be used for dual or more purposes, it is triggered by switch closure, so you could conceivably have a pressure switch and a probe input (the common usage), in parallel or OR'd together, as your part program will be deciding the function it is used for by the particular line of code.
    IOW a probe will not be looking for the pressure switch and the pressure action will not be looking at the probe input.
    If you are using Z pressure, most likely the probe is not going to be in the quill etc.
    If on the i series, the skip is not pre-assigned, then you could use two distinct inputs.
    Al.

Albert E.