587,149 active members*
5,004 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam Mill V9 Saw blade ?

Mastercam Mill V9 Saw blade ?

I have V9.1 Lathe and want to draw just a 1/4" saw blade 20" dia. but I can't get it to work at all . Any help would be great. Thanks

I meant Lathe in the title sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by cadchris View Post
    I have V9.1 Lathe and want to draw just a 1/4" saw blade 20" dia. but I can't get it to work at all . Any help would be great. Thanks
    I'm assuming it's a circular saw blade.

If the teeth are all the same size, divide 360 degrees by the number of teeth. For instance, for a 60 tooth blade, you will get 6 degrees.

Draw a 20" circle, and draw two lines from the center to the edge of the circle. Make the first one horizonal, and the second one at 6 degrees.

That pie wedge is defining the boundaries of the teeth. Draw a single tooth in that pie wedge, and then use Xform Rotate to make 60 copies of it.

Frederic

Thanks, yes it's a circular blade. It's not a wood saw. It has diamond segments that are perfectly square. I try and replicate it, but it say's i have an invalid holder or something. I am not infront of it right now.

Is this a part that you're making, or a tool that you need to model so you can program for it?

Please post the error message too.

We need details if we are to give answers!

Frederic

I Just need the tool. I used to use mastercam v6.1...lol OLD I still have it for this but I am using 9.1 for mill b/c it's so nicer. I was just messing around in lathe and can't figure out to draw this tool/blade.

Is it a lathe tool ( parting blade ) ??
    or a milling tool ( M tool - live tooling ) to be used on the lathe ??

You may be trying to create a tool that your post can not support..

Or
    Are you just creating a design ( a part drawng, that you are going to machine later ) ??
    If this one, just open Mastercam by using the "Design" icon. no machine setup problems to worry about.

Should I be working with a parting tool then? I Have a lathe in which i put wood into it, then I have a saw blade that follow my lathe program in which cuts spindles and such, very fancy stuff. Thanks for any help. I am going into work soon to look at it again.

I tried a parting tool and it won't follow my radius's, it follow the first half and just goes straight over to the next chained line and drops down without finishing the radius. any idea's? Thanks