588,429 active members*
5,623 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Adding Tabs With MasterCam V9

Adding Tabs With MasterCam V9

Is there an easy way to add tabs, so that I may cut out two sides of a part? Right now I add them to my part in CAD. I am hoping for an easier process that does not effect my original drawing.

Thank You!
    -Mac

Mac,

If I understand you correctly, you can add tabs to your model by creating a separate layer (Level) for them. Then, just turn that layer off and the tabs go away. I do this all the time for material, tabs etc. Hope that helps.

there is an add-on called tabs it come with Router and can be added to your V9.
    In MC-X it is now part of Mill and does what you just asked just adjusts the Code and you do not have to draw them just define them.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

What is the best way to rotate an object for double sided machining in the software for a mesh. With a mesh, there is not really a defined point where you can click and specify the exact center. Is there some sort of feature where you can make a box around an object exactly fitting, and then pick the center of that box?
    Thanks.

Software for a Mesh are we talking sufaces or STL. I use the WCS to program all sides, of my part. Expamle of, if I have a part that I need to do the top in op1 in a Vise then flip it over and do the bottom.

Then standing it on end and at all times keeping the uper left have corner of the vise as my stop.

then posting all side and say getting 6 progrqams out puted.

Also this enables me to varify all my ops at once and see the hole part complete.

JM2C
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Say an stl file. If it is an organic shape, and you need to pick a point to flip it in the software so that you can machine the other side, where is this point? How do you know where to point for the axis of rotation so that when flipped, it is in the correct position. The problem is, that with an stl, there isn't really normally a single point where you can say, this is the exact center.
    Thanks.