588,209 active members*
4,677 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

RFQ: Custom Dog Tag (kind of an odd job...)

Hey fellow enthusiasts, I have an odd job request that I need done. I need a dog tag that made out of the Bentley (Motors) logo. I've been looking for a keychain or something I can use, but can't seem to find one. Does anyone have the ability to cut one or know where I can get it down? I really don't have a preference on material...thank you!

I just went and looked up the Bentley logo, and that is going to be a lot of work. Will you be providing a solid model of the part? Just to get you going, figure 4-6 hours to model, 4-6 hours to program, 1-2 hours for soft jaw design/programming/machining, and anywhere between 1 hour and 4 hours of setup and machine time depending on detail required.

Is someone really willing to pay that much for a custom dog tag? If yes, I'm in.

You might also want to give an idea of overall size.

Ah. Well thank you for the reply. I vastly underestimated this job. Maybe in another lifetime . My dog will have to make do with what he has.

Berntly logo

check with the general metal working group on this board:

General Metalwork Discussion - CNCzone.com-The Largest Machinist Community on the net!

in the share your artwork discussion you can request some one to make a dxf file of your logo that will get you a lot closer to getting it made. Then perhaps someone on the sign making group will be able to cut it for you.

GeneK

Are editing posts on this board allowed? I couldn't seem to find a button for it. The reason I ask is because it came to my attention (via a member here) that laser engraving/etching will be a much more cost effective way to accomplish what I'm looking for. Does anyone have that capability?

I suppose that you have seen these:
    Bentley Logo Dog Tag by Dog Tag Art

GeneK

Quote Originally Posted by scl23enn4m3 View Post
    Are editing posts on this board allowed? I couldn't seem to find a button for it. The reason I ask is because it came to my attention (via a member here) that laser engraving/etching will be a much more cost effective way to accomplish what I'm looking for. Does anyone have that capability?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneK View Post
    I suppose that you have seen these:
    Bentley Logo Dog Tag by Dog Tag Art

GeneK
    I have, thank you though. They only seem to offer circular tags. What I need is the tag in the shape of the actual logo with a little piece off the to center to accommodate a hole.

Bentley Dog Tag

We can cast one in Silver in any size you want. We can make the B in white Opal if you want.
    PM me if you are interested
    Regards
    Joe
    Silver Pen Parts