587,751 active members*
2,888 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Info sharing

Info sharing

I'm sure this is not the usual question, but I was hoping our members might share some of their knowledge on not just metal working but general stuff. Here's the deal. I got an old style cradle phone that is wired for 5 lines, you know the type with the multi pronged plug that would usually be found in an office. Well I'd like to convert it to the standard home phone jack type plug in the wall type. Is this possible, and if so how do I wire it?. There are so many very interesting members here with all sorts of information stuffed in their brains I could not think of a more congenial place to ask this rather bizarre question. I hope I have'nt gone out of bounds here. Thank you for your indulgences.

Generally it only requires two wires for a single line, so you may have to do a bit of experimenting.
    This link may help http://www.lanshack.com/wire_phone_jack.aspx
    I put this old phone in my shop, just because it has a huge bell that rings outside in the yard.
    The only problem is, if you get pre-teens try and use it they don't know how to PUSH THE BUTTONS.(nuts)
    Al.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails phone.jpg  
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.