586,971 active members*
2,998 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by dang View Post
    , just because something is labeled a theory, doesn't mean that it's wrong, only incomplete. ALL legitimate science agrees that global warming is happening .
    if its labeled a theory it means it has not been prooven , its an idea ,
    who decided that legit scientists agree with global warming when so many scientists have turned their backs to it

reguardless of what people beleave Canada does not and has not been in snow and ice 12 months of the year since the ice age , the climate here allows for a number of fruits and vegetables to be harvested and its not due to the new global warming because we've been harvesting well before global warming

people are getting pollution confused with global warming is there fertilizer in the water , yes , is there and always will be pcb's in every living thing yes , does that contribute to global warming , i doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by dertsap View Post
    who decided that legit scientists agree with global warming when so many scientists have turned their backs to it
    Please name one legitimate group of scientists who have turned their backs on climate change research.

Also, it's called spellcheck, you should look into that.

And, I'm not talking about growing strawberries or some other generic sort of fruit. I'm talking about Wine grapes which are notoriously difficult to grow and were impossible, until recently to grow in Canada's climate.

Speaking of turning backs, I'm done with this thread. A theory isn't merely an idea. It's an idea shared by enough scientists that it's valuable enough to pursue as their lives (plural) work.

.....I'm talking about Wine grapes which are notoriously difficult to grow and were impossible, until recently to grow in Canada's climate....
    How recent is recent? Last five years, ten, twenty, fifty?
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    How recent is recent? Last five years, ten, twenty, fifty?
    The turnover from "normal" crop growth to growing these "Wine Grapes" which have only previously grown in The Mediterranean, Southern Californian, and Southern French climates, has happened during the last TWO years.

These are the same two years where arctic ice melt has hit records. Where it's been reported that enough C02 has been deposited in the oceans to heat them by two degrees F. Imagine for a second how much energy it would take to heat all the salt water on earth by two degrees F. The World is by the way, made up of 2/3 water. That's alotta heat. Now realize that this amount of energy is dwarfed compared to the Methane output of our Factory Farming system for livestock. Livestock Farms put out more heated energy than every car, coal mine and factory stove pipe on earth combined.

Now anyone wanna talk about how like The Sikhs are killing all those Israelis over in Sri Lanka? That effects us to ya know.

The turnover from "normal" crop growth to growing these "Wine Grapes" which have only previously grown in The Mediterranean, Southern Californian, and Southern French climates, has happened during the last TWO years...
    Don't be silly. The wine industry in the Niagara region of Southern Ontario is at least 40 years old and in British Columbia around the same.

Still I gues the rest of your post is equally silly.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Also, it's called spellcheck, you should look into that.

in a simple conversation i dont see a point in being anal about my spelling or anyone elses

as far as scientists spending their lifes work on the subject thats their job .thats what they do , search into the great unknown
    they had best come up with solid proof or they will be out of a job and their lifes work will have been in vain ,worthhless !

maybe you can tell us Canadians more about our new found harvests
    ice wine had been developed over years of us planting our grapes in snow banks , its nice to actually plant them in thawed dirt for a change

Quote Originally Posted by dertsap View Post
    its nice to actually plant them in thawed dirt for a change
    Yeah, because climate change is a good thing, and something you just admitted to being fully aware of. How does it feel to be behind the extinction of your own species in favor of not having to travel south for winter?

Some Dems occasionally watch Fox News and take away lessons in debate ya know.