587,238 active members*
3,836 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Which Plasma CNC Table

I'm looking into purchaing a plasma table but after reading alot of post on the differnt companies and tables which one out there is worth the money based on the following.

Plasma table that works 4 X 8
    Software is it for a Plasma or router setup
    Company that stands behind the product
    Support

And lets put a price tage of under $20,000 US

Please tell me which companies that you would go with if you had to do it over again.

Well you can check out our website, maybe download the catalog and check us out.

I work in the Technical Support department and we get a few people who take full advantage of the Free and Unlimited tech support that other companies do not have.
    Mike @ Torchmate.com | www.Torchmate.com
    Toll Free : (866) 571-1066 M-F 7:30am-4pm PST

I have a 4 X 8 Dynatorch table. I purchased it in January, so far its been a great machine. It pushes the $20000 limit by the time you get set up with electrical, exhaust system, air ect. It also has unlimited Technical support. www.dynatorch.com Start there.

Tom Prechtel
    LaGrange, Ohio

We have had nothing but trouble with our table from DynaCNC.

The tables structure is only only good thing I have to say about the set up. Otherwise, poor & inconsistent wiring, inadequate computer, tolerances are not what they claim. The list is rather long! Check the BBB.

Mostly, they do not stand behind their product. Customer & technical service, when you can get them to call back, was nothing but excuses.

I have had nothing but great results with my DynaCNC table. Almost a year of production has been run in my small sign shop in both plasma and router. DynaCNC has always helped me. I find them to be very reasonable and fair. It has been a very good machine for me! For the money I spent on this machine it has paid for itself over and over again. I have seen much more expensive machines that people own any they still are paying for their machines.

You might check out ez-router, they have both plasma and router apps and even with all the options they are right around or under $20K. They also run Mach3 and seem very open source. They are who I am really leaning towards for a router. I hope to eventually build a plasma and will probably buy that stuff from CandCNC.

I bought a Tracker this year. Very happy with it. It's a good job shop machine. I have the 5' x 10' setup, but 4 x 8 is available.

I have a DYNACNC 4x8 plasma table with stepper motors.I had a 2 small issues with my table when i first got it.They took care of it.During the time of my free tech support they always returned my calls.Although most of my questions got answered here.The only real issue that I have is I wish they would have sent some manuals with the table.There was a learning process.I am pretty happy with the table.I do not have anything to compare it to.When I was making my final decision on purchasing a table it was a toss up between TRACKER and DYNACNC.TRACKER was more money.I would have loved to build my own,but this was all new to me.Have been an auto technician for 13 years.Next time I will build my own when ever that is.

pcs plasma cutting

Check out www.pcsplasmacutting.com when I checked a year ago they were 10,000 for a 4x8 plasma. STEEL table with water tray and computer with mach 3 with addable router and oxy fuel out of calagary canada they build LOTS for industry.

Thumbs up

I would stay away from dyna cnc they never stood behind any of the problems I have with my machine. Sure some have had luck but theres lots that have not. I have lot of PM'S from people that have told me there problems with this company after I purchased.

I have had my table for awhile and it has hardly run because of incorrect parts sent with the machine.

If anyone that loves there dynacnc so much wants to buy it let me know.

And DYNACNC i know you will read this ,so dont go on a big speel on how your company wouldn't treat any one like this.
    Like you have posted before.
    I have the emails to back every thing I said and can post the emails and video of ALL the problems with the table.

I purchased a 4 X 4 Torchmate 3 w/ Torch Height Controller and running a cutmaster 151.

It was quite a learning curve for the CAD and im still learning, but overall I am fairly pleased with what i have.

Unfortunately some of my customers require some fairly clean cuts and holding a .005 tolerance or better. So far that has not happen therefore i have had to move on to doing things for other customers that dont require such tolerances.

It was unfortunate to lose them, and im still not sure whether it is me or the machine thats not producing what i want consistently.

Torchmate has been very helpful in all aspects, and i have no regrets towards them at all.

Dave Boyd
    Inglis, FL
    Boyd Welding Services

It is kinda interesting to here peoples opinions on DYNACNC.My table seems to work ok.Is it just a few out there that are having problems.I work on cars full time and metal fab part time.I occasionally have faulty parts right out of the box.Not uncommon.I see people buy new cars and have problems and say I will never buy a Ford,Chevy or whatever ever again.Although a plasma table is a very simple machine compared to the modern automobile or light truck.I know that when we buy something we exspect it to be right especially a machine,but what I see in life is that nothing is perfect.I am sure DYNACNC has alot of happy customers and a few unhappy customers that would be typical of any business.OPINIONS ANYONE?

Quote Originally Posted by DISCONNECTED View Post
    It is kinda interesting to here peoples opinions on DYNACNC.My table seems to work ok.Is it just a few out there that are having problems.I work on cars full time and metal fab part time.I occasionally have faulty parts right out of the box.Not uncommon.I see people buy new cars and have problems and say I will never buy a Ford,Chevy or whatever ever again.Although a plasma table is a very simple machine compared to the modern automobile or light truck.I know that when we buy something we exspect it to be right especially a machine,but what I see in life is that nothing is perfect.I am sure DYNACNC has alot of happy customers and a few unhappy customers that would be typical of any business.OPINIONS ANYONE?

I don't have a DYNACNC table but I know they now use SheetCam/ Mach 3 / a version of CandCNC THC. The suppliers are all top notch and happy doing business with them. I have been retro-fitting my table to basically the same system. It won't be as high as quality overall but it should suit my needs well.

The guy that bought his table in 2005 has totally different software. I am sure most of the other stuff is the same.

I give DynaCnc credit to see the light and jump on with Art,Tom, Les, etc... That is some of the best CNC plasma help you can get on this planet. I don't see why those guys would risk their good name by offering their products to DynaCNC, if they did not think DYNCNC was not a good company. It's just not going to happen.

I wish I had a poor DynaCNC machine only for the upgrade. (compared to what I have at this point)

When you spend thousands for a machine you at least expect to get what you pay for.

12,000.00 is a good chunk of change to have sitting in corner of a building not doing anything.

I expect new machines to have a few problems, thats why they offer warranty.

Now what good is the warranty if a company will not honor it?

Quote Originally Posted by turboboy View Post
    When you spend thousands for a machine you at least expect to get what you pay for.

12,000.00 is a good chunk of change to have sitting in corner of a building not doing anything.

I expect new machines to have a few problems, thats why they offer warranty.

Now what good is the warranty if a company will not honor it?
    I know nothing about your problems or even if it's a router or plasma.
    What exactly does not work?? I spend more than that on my table altogether and I still had/have to rebuild the whole thing. I had mine working but not the way I want it too. I figure the new DynaCNC would be about as turn key as you can get. I run the same software and have even before DynaCNC figured that part out. Do you have WinCnc?

Quote Originally Posted by turboboy View Post
    I would stay away from dyna cnc they never stood behind any of the problems I have with my machine. Sure some have had luck but theres lots that have not. I have lot of PM'S from people that have told me there problems with this company after I purchased.

I have had my table for awhile and it has hardly run because of incorrect parts sent with the machine.
    Interesting you should post this Kurtis. I happen to be at the Dynacnc facilities (teaching a class on CorelDraw, SheetCAM and MACH3) and I have requested to see your file and e-mails. Your reference (from what I have seen so far) is to being sent the "wrong" consummables (being in my terms TABLE SLATS) since they were loose in the slots and also an incorrect mounting holder for your hand torch.

I am going to get all of the facts here and report back to the list. I am also going to go back and review your posts from last year here on the zone and tie them in with the interchanges you have had with DYNACNC. They have granted me open access to all of the files.

So for the record:

EXACTLY what incorrect parts are you sent and what was done (or not done) to rectify the problem.

WHY have you not been able to cut parts. (Don't say its because of loose slats)

Be honest in your response and I will make sure all issues are properly addressed. You are welcome to send me any copies of e-mails that you think would enlighten me but they need to be sent to my personal account of [email protected] I am not going to publish private e-mails from you or them other than to take the context and arrive at the real facts in the case.

This drive-by sniping of a vendor because of what looks to be minor issues is not helpful to the list.

Tom Caudle
    www.CandCNC.com

From the information I can gather (since TurboBoy has not sent any evidence to the support his claims) his rants and posts need to be ignored.

His primary (and continued) gripe appears to be two main issues:

1. He did not like the fact that the slats sent with the table were loose in the notches. Even though a fix (simple wedges) is a 10 min job (duh) he insisted that they send (to Canada) wider slats. At first he wanted someone to fly up and replace the slats.....and got pissed when they refused.

Because of the freight and duty DYNACNC asked him to get a quote from a local source for the steel and they would pay the amount and freight to his location. The request was that they have an official quote (on a real business letterhead from a real business) and they would pay that amount. What they got (I saw the fax) was a computer printed quote that looked like it was generated by a word processor and the amount of $469.00 was HANDWRITTEN in the corner. No company name, no phone number, no contact information. When asked several times to send a real quote he just got hostle. The $469 handwritten amount was more than double the steel price from any US vendor. When TurboBoy refused to comply with a real quote, DYNA offered to just send him a check for the $200 + dollars it costs for the slats in the US. He refused that offer.

Now comes the baffling part of the gripe. He was sent the wrong torch holder with his table. That's easy to do since handtorches all vary considerably and the holder has to be custom machined to a dimension. It may have been DYNA's fault (or not) but they agreed to rectify it and send him the correct holder free. His main gripe aboput this is that we was forced (by his government) to pay 26.00 bucks in duty on the replacement head even though DYNA had marked it as "replacement parts". You have to declare a value on Canadian shipments but they should consider that a replacement part is free and has no commercial value. So, HIS government decided he needed to pay duty on it and he got pissed at DYNA and DEMANDED they pay for the duty. His contention is that had they sent the right part he would not have to pay anything. In this case his anger needs to be directed to the government he has chosen to live under.

He now recently has Y axis problems (not part of the original issues) and is even more pissed because he can't get them to help him for free (saw that e-mail when I was there). He is way outside his mechanical warrantry and 90 day "call for anything" tech support. He considers the fact that the first two issues were not closed (due to his own refusals or ability to get past petty claims) to somehow entitle him to extended coverage over the stated and written warranty they provide.

TurboBoy darts in here in drive-by mode and uses this list to try and hurt a vendor, that from the evidence I have seen, has tried to do the right thing. Maybe they were too slow for him, maybe he has personal problems that make him this unreasonable and volatile. In either case burning bridges is a bad approach if you want someone to do something they don't have to.

To DYNACNC's credit they have kept the interchanges at a claim and business level.

The fact that he posted he could NOT use the machine because of loose slats shows no understanding of how plasma cutting works. Since there is no lateral pressure from cutting forces there is nothing to push the material out of position. Personally, I would have shimmed the slats with some small wedges, slapped some 10ga material on the table AND CUT MY OWN HOLDER BRACKETS to be a tighter fit. I figure since I own a plasma table I can make stuff I need with it.

There is evidence in the posts on this list that TB has been able to cut with his machine and his statements of it sitting unused are not totally accurate (unless he just chose not to use it).

I seldom use "Idiot" and "Customer" in the same sentence but there are times where it might be appropriate.

My advice to TB is this:
    SELL YOUR TABLE. DO IT QUICKLY. CUT YOUR STUFF BY HAND. YOU ARE PROBABLY NOT GOING TO GET ANY FURTHER SUPPORT FROM DYNACNC and I AM NOT GOING TO GIVE YOU SUPPORT FOR THE THC ON THIS LIST OR ANY OTHER.

ONCE AGAIN If you have addtional documents or items that support your case that differ from the facts as stated just send them TO ME. I will be glad to take them in context with the e-mails and rants I have seen and alter my opinions herein stated.

STATEMENT: I am not part of DYNACNC and don't work for them as an employee. I do sell them certain electronics and I have been to their plant and seen their operations and met their people. I have an economic stake in working with DYNACNC's customers and regularily answer questions (that I can) on this list and my CandCNCSupport Yahoo list. I don't like to see any vendor sniped at and especially one that impacts my wallet as well. All readers need to weigh the facts presented and make their own choice with the fact of my economic ties to the vendor being openly stated.

Tom Caudle
    www.CandCNC.com

I bought a dyna table with all the goodies, which is in route. I talked once with the owner, and was impressed, and a few times with a salesman, well, there I wasn't so impressed. Hopefully everything works out well.