588,126 active members*
4,765 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mach3, G100 and an XY table.

Hello Everyone,

Fairly new to CNCzone and Mach3. I have been using CNC's for years at work and decided that I don't care for most of the lower cost machines that are available, so we are designing some new and different type machines. Our first one is an XY table and we are using a G100 and G203V's to run the motors. I am having some issues with the Mach software and this configuration. I am still running the free version and some of these may be due to that. I wanted to make sure is works before I pay for it.

The first issue is that unless we have all 6 axis' enabled the G100 will not stay in communication with the Mach. We get ecode777 or something similar depending on our settings.

The second issue is that when we try to REF ALL HOME, NOTHING Happens, except that the Mach hangs.

The third issue is that the X axis is running backward and no matter what I change in the setup. I cannot change the + and - directions. I have tried changing the DirLowActive but it makes no difference. It said to use a menu selection to fix it that doesn't show in our menus?

The fourth issue is that the jog only goes for a few seconds and stops. I suspect that this is one of the free vs paid issues.

I have been able to get is to run a 2 1/2D program by adding M00 commands at every Z height change. Is there a way to set the software to do this automatically?

It is really cool to watch everything move and run but I need to fix my other issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Exclamation License limit.

I think the limit is now 500 lines of G-code, so that won't stop you getting it going.
    On the last page you can disable the axis you don't want to use.
    On the last diagnostics page, make sure your reference switches work the appropriate in port indicator lights. It won't reference if is is past the stops on an axis. The Z-axis must reference first with ref all. On last page you can do any axis on it's own.

To change direction on X-axis swap ONE of the winding connections, A or B. to reverse it.

You probably have the soft limits on, and it won't work too well that way if not referenced. On first page make sure Z inhibit is not set so that z axis can't move.

Learn how to get each axis at the middle of travel then zero each axis to ensure it's not off in the weeds.

The Mach3 manual machine setup instructions if followed closely will go a long way towards making everything work.

Crawl before you walk. Stops crashing into thing by accident.

Keep experimenting and learning.
    It is better to analyze each problem, fix one and move to the next.
    Trial and error due to many non-operating combinations will cause frustration. Don't blame Mach3. Only the setup and the wiring.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Jogging is not limited in the demo version. You'll probably get a better response for G100 questions on the Mach3 yahoo group. More users there.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks guys,

I will copy my post to the Yahoo group as well. I know there is a way to change the direction without rewiring so I will look more before I change the motor. I haven't had a chance to try any of the other stuff yet. Maybe later today.

Thanks,

Mark