587,311 active members*
3,554 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tooling and cutting data?

As I have just purchased my first CNC (Denford TRIAC 1986) I have a question about how to calculate cutting data for my different tools. I dive into my old schoolbooks (I am a mechanical engineer..) confirmend that it is a complicated subject. But i recall that I used a program from Sandvik sometime during my education that to feed in tooling and material parameters and then it calculated feed and rmp among other stuff. Does anyone know about such a program (freeware or at least cheep)? Any other recomendations?

Thanks

Per

ME Consultant 2.0

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/B...onsultant.html

Try it out let me kmow what you think,

John

speeds-feeds

Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    As I have just purchased my first CNC (Denford TRIAC 1986) I have a question about how to calculate cutting data for my different tools. I dive into my old schoolbooks (I am a mechanical engineer..) confirmend that it is a complicated subject. But i recall that I used a program from Sandvik sometime during my education that to feed in tooling and material parameters and then it calculated feed and rmp among other stuff. Does anyone know about such a program (freeware or at least cheep)? Any other recomendations?

Thanks

Per
    We are in the process of completing a sheet that not only give you particular speeds and feeds in inch and metric, but for various materials as well, and reach variations to include chip thinning calculations,
    email me at [email protected] with your request and I will get you some things.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxx03 View Post
    We are in the process of completing a sheet that not only give you particular speeds and feeds in inch and metric, but for various materials as well, and reach variations to include chip thinning calculations,
    email me at [email protected] with your request and I will get you some things.
    So the same as ME Consultant then?

John

The Web page doesn't seem to be there as of today

Sees how the only web page linked to on this thread is the one I posted; I just checked and it is working fine for me.

John

You were able to download it? This is what I get when the automatic download does not start and I hit the link to start the download.

Sorry, the BellSouth Personal Web Page or file you're looking for is not here.

You may have misspelled the URL. Please check your spelling.
    The owner of this site may have chosen to delete their personal web page.
    The site may have been moved to a different URL.
    If you are trying to access a url starting with http://personal.bellsouth.net/ or any variation of this, the owner of the site has not migrated their site from the old BellSouth Personal Web Page server. Please contact the owner of the site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Build Your own Personal web page
    PWP-FTP faq PWP-FTP error checklist
    Contact Webmaster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by GaryCorlew View Post
    You were able to download it? This is what I get when the automatic download does not start and I hit the link to start the download.

Sorry, the BellSouth Personal Web Page or file you're looking for is not here.

You may have misspelled the URL. Please check your spelling.
    The owner of this site may have chosen to delete their personal web page.
    The site may have been moved to a different URL.
    If you are trying to access a url starting with http://personal.bellsouth.net/ or any variation of this, the owner of the site has not migrated their site from the old BellSouth Personal Web Page server. Please contact the owner of the site.

Build Your own Personal web page
    PWP-FTP faq PWP-FTP error checklist
    Contact Webmaster

Sorry about that,

I actually downloaded it some time ago now and just Google for it to link to here. I have done another quick google but have been unable to find a working link.

Will it be ok for me to zip the files and up load it here as it is freeware; for others to download or will that be against the rules?

John

Hi all. Thanks for the replies. I did a search for this ME Conslutant 2.0 and found a thread here on our incredible forum when he was "relesing" it. I send him a private message and gave him a tip to look at this thread. Lets see what he says.

@silverfoxx03
    Thanks for the help, I will email you with some data just to get me started. Interesting sheet by the way. What you often need is a fast and easy way to get you in the right "ballpark".

Per

KOlla sandvik coromants hemsida så hittar du deras skärdataguide.. Jag rekomenderar att du laddar ner programmet selector ifrån Dormer, där finns skärdata till deras verktyg och så har de så man får Nc kod till gängfräsning, allt gratis förstås.

Hi guys,

I'm the author of ME Consultant 2.0 and you're right, I no longer make it available as freeware. I wrote a much more powerful "Pro" version that I sell on my website or at the CNC Concepts website.

I'm not going to make a fuss if somebody puts 2.0 up where others can download it. I'm still pretty proud of the program, and lots of people here are clearly operating on a shoestring. Of course, I'd rather you took a look at my newer commercial programs, but that's life.

Don't forget to read the User Guide.

Mike

http://mrainey.freeservers.com

Mike
    Software For Metalworking
    http://closetolerancesoftware.com

Quote Originally Posted by mrainey View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm the author of ME Consultant 2.0 and you're right, I no longer make it available as freeware. I wrote a much more powerful "Pro" version that I sell on my website or at the CNC Concepts website.

I'm not going to make a fuss if somebody puts 2.0 up where others can download it. I'm still pretty proud of the program, and lots of people here are clearly operating on a shoestring. Of course, I'd rather you took a look at my newer commercial programs, but that's life.

Don't forget to read the User Guide.

Mike

http://mrainey.freeservers.com

Mike
    Hi Mike,

First of all I would like to say thank you for writing the ME Consultant 2.0 and making it available as freeware. It looks to be very good software; I say looks to be as I have not used the figures generated by it and am an absolute beginner with milling machines. I presume they are a good starting point so for me this program is ideal.

I have not posted the software here in respect of your wishes but would like to know if it would be possible to make another simplified version of the software you sell for the amateur user. The question is I suppose would it be worth your while? I for one would have been happy to buy the ME 2.0 version, for a fair price. Could you not make it available as shareware with a 30 day limit or the like?

I have had a quick look at the pro version and would say it is very well priced for the professional user but could be just out of the reach of some amateur users. If I find using the 2.0 version saves me a lot of time and trouble I will very likely buy the pro version just because it would be an excellent tool to have at my disposal.

John