587,227 active members*
3,793 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

RFQ Intake manifold Flange Aluminum

Hello,
    I lam looking for a price for an intake manifold flange in 1/4" aluminum. Piece will be about 4" wide x 1 1/2' long with 4 intake holes and bolt holes. I can provide a cad file.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Need more info please. Qty, timeframe, Cad dwg, tolerances, finishes.

Same here, more info. needed

Same here.

*** I PM'd you to e-mail me drawings, I didn't get a response, is this RFQ closed?

Found the manifold commercialy

however I will still need adapters.

Qty: 4
    Tolerances...... I am not sure it is for an automotive intake so I am thinking .1mm but those of you who know better may be able to advise me on this. Pics enclosed.

Time frame no immediate rush.

Hello I just sent you a PM for quote

Quote Originally Posted by SouthForkSam View Post
    however I will still need adapters.

Qty: 4
    Tolerances...... I am not sure it is for an automotive intake so I am thinking .1mm but those of you who know better may be able to advise me on this. Pics enclosed.

Time frame no immediate rush.

Your drawing only shows 2 bolt holes If this is correct then I could do the job for about $85.00 plus shipping. Thats each

Looks like you might be making a ITB set up although I could be wrong.

To bring the price of the machining down you might just want to have the plate with the holes made, and then weld on the tube. This will drastically reduce to cost of materials and machining time. If you are not quite clear on what i mean pm me and I'll try to explain it better.

Correct this is for an ITB setup for a 2.3l duratec using gsxr throttle bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by levelzero View Post
    Looks like you might be making a ITB set up although I could be wrong.

To bring the price of the machining down you might just want to have the plate with the holes made, and then weld on the tube. This will drastically reduce to cost of materials and machining time. If you are not quite clear on what i mean pm me and I'll try to explain it better.

I can purchase DCOE style aluminum flanges for $32.00 ea (need 2) + s&h. So far the lowest quoted price is very competitive vs buying 2 sets of flanges and paying someone to tig weld the tubes onto the flanges, as I only mig weld and IMO the bead from mig welding the tubes onto the flange would be rather large and unattractive, I estimate about $50.00 to have someone tig weld tubes onto the flanges. I think the labor costs of welding the tubes to the flanges will be similar to what it will cost me to have these tubes machined (as per my lowest bid so far).

Yeah that flanges shouldn't really cost you more then $12-$18 each depending on thickness. Welding is one of those things where if you have a friend or know someone it can be done for a case of beer. If you can mig aluminium, then it's a simple matter of making a vgroove in the flange/runner and some quick finishing with air tools to smooth it all out. Although thats rather labour intensive. If you are getting quotes that are that competative then I can see why you'd want to go that way

If you have an idea you need engineered or manufactured wether it's a rapid prototype or a full parts run, check us out www.spencercadcam.com We offer full engineering capabilities, design work, CNC programming, and manufacturing. Our prices are very cheap because we want your business, were interested in helping you... not breaking your bank. Contact us through our website if you have any questions.