587,228 active members*
3,846 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Strippit #fc-750 Cnc Punch Press

I'm looking for an entry level turret punch press and have a lead on a STRIPPIT #FC-750 CNC PUNCH PRESS. Does anyone have any feedback on this machine such as known quirks and is there any support for parts and tooling? I've heard that the programming leaves something to be desired.

THanks in advance

i have the same machine

i just got the strippet fc 750 . but i dont have a software for it. would you mind guiding me along? which one should i get? or how?

I don't have a strippit, but have other brand turrets (Amada and Wiedemann).

You need two pieces of software:
    1) Software to draw your parts and specify which tools hit where on the part, and to repeat that shape to fill up a whole sheet of material, and to convert that drawing/hit info into gcode which your machine can understand.
    2) Software to transfer the gcode to the machine control (called DNC software).

For the drawing/gcode generation software, there are several expensive packages (starting around $5,000 or so), and one program which costs only a few hundred. It is called gpuncher - http://www.metalpuncher.com/ . That's what I use, and I reccommend it. Not only is it affordable, but well it works fine (yes it does have some quirks) and there is no way I could justify paying over ten times its cost for another brand of software that does the same thing.

For the DNC software, there are lots of packages out there as this same software is also used for cnc milling machines which are much more plentiful than turret punch presses. Make sure that the software package has the ability to repeatedly send the same file over and over since this is likely how you will be running the machine (running lots of sheets of the same file), wheras I have found most of the DNC software to be more oriented towards sending a file once (and then you'd have to re-select the file on the computer to send it again). I can't reccommend a piece of software in this department as ours is super old and specific to the piece of hardware that it is feeding data to.

ah thanks man, your reply really helped. i really cant believe their price!
    im gonna go with this and hope for the best.

Glad I could help. The owner/programmer of gpuncher has been really helpful to me so I'm glad to send people his way. When I first got the software, he spent a good amount of time on the phone with me to answer my questions and make sure I was up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixMetal View Post
    I don't have a strippit, but have other brand turrets (Amada and Wiedemann).

You need two pieces of software:
    1) Software to draw your parts and specify which tools hit where on the part, and to repeat that shape to fill up a whole sheet of material, and to convert that drawing/hit info into gcode which your machine can understand.
    2) Software to transfer the gcode to the machine control (called DNC software).

For the drawing/gcode generation software, there are several expensive packages (starting around $5,000 or so), and one program which costs only a few hundred. It is called gpuncher - http://www.metalpuncher.com/ . That's what I use, and I reccommend it. Not only is it affordable, but well it works fine (yes it does have some quirks) and there is no way I could justify paying over ten times its cost for another brand of software that does the same thing.

For the DNC software, there are lots of packages out there as this same software is also used for cnc milling machines which are much more plentiful than turret punch presses. Make sure that the software package has the ability to repeatedly send the same file over and over since this is likely how you will be running the machine (running lots of sheets of the same file), wheras I have found most of the DNC software to be more oriented towards sending a file once (and then you'd have to re-select the file on the computer to send it again). I can't reccommend a piece of software in this department as ours is super old and specific to the piece of hardware that it is feeding data to.
    Hello!
    Is everything ok with it? I can't contact with them.

Quote Originally Posted by maglat View Post
    Hello!
    Is everything ok with it? I can't contact with them.
    Hmm, don't know - I haven't needed to contact them in a while. Try reaching Joe at [email protected] . That's the email I've used get in contact with them in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixMetal View Post
    Hmm, don't know - I haven't needed to contact them in a while. Try reaching Joe at [email protected] . That's the email I've used get in contact with them in the past.
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:
    host smtp.embarq.synacor.com [208.47.184.2]: 550 5.1.1 Recipient
    [email protected] does not exist here

Hi there!
    I have Strippit FC 1000R cnc punch press and AppleMac for it. What software or something i need to work with it?
    Thanks
    Arturs

kzx software

I have been trying to contact kzx for a few weeks now. I have used their software for several years to program an Amada. I am trying to get a post for a Strippit 1000R but I can't get a response from them. I hope they have not gone out of business.

Dave