588,686 active members*
6,015 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Powermax II cables

I have 3 powermax II stepper motors and I want to wire them up for parallel. I need the connectors (AMP 641653-8 connector I believe). I want these connectors, the pins that crimp on the end of the wires, the crimpier for the pins, and 22g wire. Were can I order all of this. Thanks
    ~Brad

These can be obtained from Digi-Key and Newark. The pins do not come separate and crimp on, they require the hand tool that pushes the conductor down into the pins which cut the insulation and make the contact. They plug into printed circuit mounted post type headers. The hand tool is relatively cheap compared to some Amp tools, they come in various terminal spacings, so make sure you get the right tool.
    Al
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I have these connectors, but I can't find the crimp. Anyone know were I can find one..ie, part number?

I purchased the harnesses from Kim controls in the past, but I can't find the parts on their site.
    www.bigbearcnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by mwalach View Post
    I have these connectors, but I can't find the crimp. Anyone know were I can find one..ie, part number?

I purchased the harnesses from Kim controls in the past, but I can't find the parts on their site.
    Use a very small straight blade screwdriver with a sharp, fine blade. That is what I did.

Place the wire (Max size 22 gauge on these connectors) on the top blade of the pin and press the wire into the pin wire slot. The slot will allow the wire to penetrate the slot with resistance, but the insulation will be cut, making a very good connection.

Jerry