588,350 active members*
5,911 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

TONSEN TS3040C-H80 breakout board

Hi guys,
    I have been in the cnc business for over 25 years using machines as AXYZ, EXact 51, PACER K, and currently using a HAAS, all running from cadcam programs like alphacam or there own toolpath software supplied with the machine.
    I recently purchaced my own machine for working on same projects at home and due to money shortages was only able to purchase a TONSEN TS3040C-H80 from FLEEBAY, it came with artsoft and mach 3 software, artsoft I have worked with before many, many years ago, mach3 is being a pain in my arse but Im working on it.
    Anyhow, My problems is I need to sort out some limit switchs and a tool zero setter which will help with my use of MACH3.
    I have researched the net but I can not find out anything about my breakout board and where to make the connections for my switches.
    The pictures below show the type of control box that came with the machine, and a pic of the breakout board inside,
    If any body here has the technical know how that could help me, could you copy and draw on the pic where I need to make the right connections for me to get started. I must add I no nothing about electrics but can quite happilly solder if shown what, where and how.
    Many thanks.......

I don't see anywhere to officially connect switches or inputs in general to that break out board. Moreover, there is no obvious isolation on the board to return the switches back to the parallel port. I would be looking for a much better BOB if I were you
    When it all goes wrong, own up and tell the boss it was someone else!

Re: TONSEN TS3040C-H80 breakout board

There's only 4 opto-isolaters on the board so it looks like it doesn't support additional inputs.
    On the bright side there are break out boards with parallel port pass-through, adding one of these in it's own enclosure would allow you to add home, limit & E-Stop without modifying your machine,

Nick

P.S. Did you have any luck getting the Ebay vendor to refund the Mach3 license fee and/or report them for fraud?

Hi

it looks like 3 of the opto isolators( U5 to U7) are connected to the pcb pads for a 5 way connector (not fitted)
    I will need a picture of the underside of the board to add more details

it looks like on the modded picture

the common negative terminal 5 is next to the connector labled " tool"

3 inputs are on terminals 2 to 4

and it looks like you have +5V on terminal 1 that you only need to power a proximity switch

(to use the 4th opto isolator U8 you need to find the matching connector for the unused "tool" pcb connector )

John

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	breakout  board 2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	127.9 KB 
ID:	229224

PS

this other post for another breakout board

post 35
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/chines...rol-box-3.html

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/chines...rol-box-6.html
    will give you an idea of the circuit to expect

G'day John,

Couple of pics as per private message

G'day John added some pics of the 3040 bob as you will see that i have marked the estop pins on my software is input pin 10

Bit late in the day but did you complete your project Limits e-stops etc? I have successfully fitted all limits e-stops and an updated spindle motor to my Feebay Chinese Wonder if you are still struggling.

i was only able to remove my e stop and turned that into my touch probe so i don't have an e stop as yet

I have ordered this USB board to replace my simple parallel board

CNC USB Smooth Stepper For Mach3 Smooth Stepper Motion Control With Terminals | eBay