587,394 active members*
3,600 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Who Supplies of heavy duty tables?

Who Supplies of heavy duty tables?

I'm trying to expand the reach of a radial arm drill. I want to mount a second, lower table next to the original. Some of the parts I'm going to be doing on it are going to be approaching 2,000 lbs. Does anyone know of a company that makes such a table that I can build onto? I've got a pretty descent/ capable machine shop that can build what ever. I just thought it might save me some hassle if a table can be purchased and modified instead of building from scratch. I'm needing at least 24" x 36" of work area. Big parts. Thanks in advance.

Aaron

High-Capacity Steel Machine Tables Able to hold a whopping 35,000 lbs.,
    http://www.mcmaster.com/
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

Awesome

I think that will work, except we'll have to work out the clamping issue if we go that route, and it'll have to be shorter, but nothing the shop can't handle I'm sure!

The McMaster tables will likely work. There are other sources for such tables, do look around.

As to your radial arm drill I was under the impression that one or more of the drill makers sold auxiliary table just for what you want. These would be castiron with the tee slots and the whole mess. You might try a few makers of such drill presses and the various used machine dealers.

Dave

Info on my machine

I'm going to dig out some more info on the machine, see who made it and all maybe someone does offer what I'm looking for. If I could find one with t slots, that would make my day. I'll dig up some info and post again on monday. Thanks for the help...

It's a carlton 5' arm - 13" col. radial arm drill. I've searched some, but haven't found much yet. Thanks again!

Cool

Model #128-4005
    http://www.use-enco.com/
    : $289.75 ea
    It may not be big enough, but you might be able to stack them!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0045447-11.jpg  
    www.widgitmaster.com

That's only 9 1/4" X 9" X 7 3/4"... I need something wider, and longer, and maybe a little shorter. Trying to find a carlton website or carlton vender that may know of others that wanted to do the same thing. These radial arms drills have been around for a while, I'm sure someone said, "I wish I could get a slightly taller piece in there" and wanted a lower table...

I think I may have found something that will work awesome. Now if I could find a 4 ft X 4 ft or slightly smaller...

http://www.yodermachinery.com/stump/...&d=1&sid=17917
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4ftX12ft.jpg  

Now that is a nice T-Slot table!
    A little sand blasting, and its ready to go!
    How much does it weigh?
    www.widgitmaster.com

They dont' list that info

They don't list the weight on the yoder website. But the 5' X 5.5' X 8" T-slot plate is 3,600 lbs. I can't imagine what that one weighs...

Actually I think this one is a lot closer to what I'm looking for....

http://www.machinetools.com/MT/machi...54724691221177

The other is way to long...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5X5.jpg  

No Problem

NATCO Carlton is now ownded by http://www.lucasprecision.com/. Well atleast they where at one time but the links go no where.

An old web site turns up this for NATCO/Carlton:
    NATCO/Carlton
    4600 National Road West, P.O. Box 1758
    Richmond, Indiana 47374
    UNITED STATES
    Phone: 765-962-6511
    Fax: 765-935-0234
    Not sure if that will help.

I believe the residue of NATCO/Carlton is now a small company. I thought I had their web site but can't find it now. Maybe the old numbers above will work for you. The web site I found was very minimal, as if money was a problem so maybe you could get a good deal on something made for the drill press.

Try this place for tables: http://www.rmt.net/comm/bases/ Regular machine tool bses lkie these can be had from several suppiers, this is just one example. I'm not sure exactly what you needs are. That is an auxiliary table to mount on the Carlton drill press base or something independant.

The problem with something independant is that the table is no longer coupled to the frame of the drill press. Ideally in such arraingement you would have a solid foundation to grout both machines to.

Quote Originally Posted by adowdel
    It's a carlton 5' arm - 13" col. radial arm drill. I've searched some, but haven't found much yet. Thanks again!
    Yep pain in the butt. Currently the American Machine tool industry is in the dumpster and it doesn't look like there is a lot of will to fix things up. Many of the web sites are broken or extremely minimal. It makes you wonder if anybody with any brains are running the companies. I've seen sites that could be out done by third graders.

Dave

That's a pretty good link, I'll see if I can get quote! Thanks

Independant

I think independant is the way to go for us. We've got plenty of solid conrete under the drill press so I don't think that will be an issue.

Also I will agree with the non professional websites. I don't know how they expect to do business in the future. They're going to have to spend some time and money on that stuff eventually, or die. Might as well be sooner than later... I guess some of those old school folksare afraid of their comps and they don't want to change. I realize I'm a young pup and don't know a whole lot, but I know that there a lot's of changes coming my way. I'm going to learn a lot in the next couple years. Thanks for the help guys!