587,218 active members*
2,577 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > Moldmaking > Type of injection molding

Type of injection molding

Do you know what type of injection molding machine is good for this type of products?

It looks like some type of resin for the two darker materials (flowers) one.

The beige color for the square deco is also resin mix with some stone crushs.

Thank You

Rocky
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0806.JPG   IMG_0807.JPG   IMG_0811.JPG   IMG_0813.JPG  

Wouldn't bother making an injection mould. I would make silicone or plaster moulds from the originals and make pourable resin moulds. The pourable resins have enough variation you could find exact specs for what you want and need. Plus it is a cheaper was of doing it. If you have to make thousands of them, good luck. Look at Freemansupply.com for examples.

You might have some sink problems if this mould is injection style. It can be done but you would have to have a need to make many and it all comes down to size and amount of plasitic in each piece. Machines are rated by clamping pressure and shot size. Your limit now might be shot size because you would need a larger machine.

You will also not find a whole lot of people wanting to put crushed stones in their injection machine. If you do let me know. I have some black powder I want compressed.

Your question is about moulding - yes silicone mold and resin a great answer.

BUT - why not redraw/design to the length you need - cut it in architectural foam - add a coating and have the length you need? Looks similar to some tiles and backsplash inserts I've seen around. Or, maybe you have some other use in mind.
    Best of luck
    :cheers: Jim
    Experience is the BEST Teacher. Is that why it usually arrives in a shower of sparks, flash of light, loud bang, a cloud of smoke, AND -- a BILL to pay? You usually get it -- just after you need it.

Since the current economy is slow here. I like to learn a new trade and make it a side business to make some extra money. May be in the future it might lead into full time business.

I know the one with stone crushes is not possible to use injection machine. The other two are very hard fragile resin materials. When I used a plier to clip it and it chips an crush. So I don't know what type of materials or resin is used to make. I don't think is ABS or plastic.

May be I can use some type injection machine or press. Otherwise is would not be viable to produce enough quantity to make a living.

I had a small business in TN that made carving models out of resin. I would have been bankrupt if I tried this in Injection molding....As a prototype business I would suggest investing in the resin materials first and build a business from that then invest in injection. Ask me how I know......Outlay to build molds and resin mix for models or production is a fraction of the cost to just build a injection mold, let alone pay someone to produce the parts.

Bob