587,997 active members*
1,989 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport Interact Series 1, TNC145

Hey Everyone,

I have recently bought a Bridgeport interact from a foreign bloke who has totally mugged me , the machine "gets stuck" every time I call a tool which means no tool comp or any of the pre-set cycles! When I say gets stuck I mean its as if ive pressed the pause cycle button, the green light which should be on starts flashing and none of the buttons effect this. It just stops what its doing every time it reaches a tool call!

This machine isn't worth much, especially not working so I was going to have a go at fixing it myself... I believe the first step would be to find the route of the problem, which is why I need a bit more info about the machine:

The control boards are bosch, are these programmable? Would I be able to download the programme and read it to see which bit controls tool calls? or would it just be a load of binary nonsense?

A couple of people have suggested I change it to mach3 or something alike but as I said, I don't want to spend much money on it. However I have plenty of free time to work on it

Any help will be much appreciated!

Best Wishes,

Jack

Re: Bridgeport Interact Series 1, TNC145

I believe there is a parameter that if mis entered will have exactly this effect.

It happened to me[not running cycles] when I first got my machine but that was 22 years ago...............

Any advise as to how I find out which parameter? There is a book of parameters in the back of the machine, they were with it when we bought the machine.

Thanks a lot!

Jack

Gus, I have found a list of parameters which I will try, could you tell me how to set the axis limit parameters?

Quote Originally Posted by jack-pat View Post
    Gus, I have found a list of parameters which I will try, could you tell me how to set the axis limit parameters?

If you use one of the parameter lists on this site you will be pretty close.

Home the machine

put it in handwheel mode and metric mode

carefully handwheel all axis to their + and - limits.

If you get a flashing error you hit the actual limit switch and need to change the limit parameters

If you are starting from zero because none of the parameter lists here work, again in metric mode, starting from zero in all axis[newly setup machine should home to zero in all axis] again in handwheel mode metric mode, this time watch the limit switch tabs as they approach the limit switch. set the limit value to the number on the screen right as the actuator hits the switch . You will need to open the front cover over the z ballscrew to see the limit switches for z.

IF you hit the hard limit switch and get the flashing error you should be able to home by holding in the enable button while attempting to home. If that does not work you will need to move the ballscrew manually. Easy on y and z, PITA on x

Thanks gus, I have got a list of params from heidenhain... Struggling to put in the values to home the axis so I can get to handwheel mode! If I set x+- y+- and z+- modes to 0 will it home so I can then fine tune it? I am on with it now and its doing my head in!

Just tried to set them all to zero. the z axis which is as high as it can go (furthest from table) feeds down slightly and then shoots up really fast, I then get a gross positioning error. My feed for axis referencing is 500 but its going a lot quicker than that on the way up

Just tried to set them all to zero. the z axis which is as high as it can go (furthest from table) feeds down slightly and then shoots up really fast, I then get a gross positioning error. My feed for axis referencing is 500 but its going a lot quicker than that on the way up
    your op implied the machine was running, go back to those parameters

It was running, then I dropped its memory thinking i could use the parameters in the back of the machine but they didn't work..

It was running, then I dropped its memory thinking i could use the parameters in the back of the machine but they didn't work..

what do you mean 'in the back of the machine'

There is a paramter list for an interact with a 145 posted in the heidenhain parameter list thread. It is from a machine that was originally a 151 that I put a 145 in to sell, so it may vary but should run

In the control box with all the control boards and relays in, there was a couple of sheets of paper with old parameters on. And thanks I will try those.

I think the table is bigger on those parameters

I think the table is bigger on those parameters
    (They won't run) axis move past the travel limit switches

(They won't run) axis move past the travel limit switches
    If you have an interact then, no they are not.

It is possible that your table homes in a different direction

you need to ask more specific questions, you are not making sense

there is no trick entering the limit parameters