588,585 active members*
14,727 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Retrofit Anilam Control

I recently purchased a YCI Supermax Mill with an Anilam Crusader II control. It uses SEM MT30M4-59 permanent magnet servo motors. I would like to update to a PC based control. Is it possible to use the current servo drivers and interface them through a breakout board to the PC? I do not know much about this so any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, but not with a BOB. The drives are analog (+-10volt) versus PWM and need an iinterface that changes the PWM signal output from EMC2. There used to be a person that made step/direction to +-10v. interface boards, but he found there was too little market (and those were unwilling to pay the costs) to stay in production.

In order to use EMC2 and your drives, you will need a MESA Electronics 5i20, 7i33, and 7i37 boards. About $460 in parts. The rest is just wiring and programming.

There is a PC based control that will drive analog servos via a breakout board. The system is closed-loop and includes an interface board that accepts quadrature encoder signals and outputs +/- 10 volt commands. www.lyntonmanufacturing.co.uk
    mike potter

meza setup with mach3?

I have a similar situation with crusader m will the meza setup described here work with it and mach software? any help appreciated.